pen drive has become curroupt

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
hi
my 8 gb kingston is not working .
whenever i try to open open it , it says that the volume e: is curroupt and unreadable.
it is not even getting formatted,
kindly help

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
call 18004254515 (Kingston complaint). Get a complaint number, send the pen drive to the service center along with this complaint number. You will get a replacement in a wekk. In case you don't have a service center in your area, ask them if you can send it by post.

OP
rohitshubham

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
no , it was an original one .........
@cool buddy - unfortunately i have lost my papers
@ico......... by the way im am interested in buying a Chinese pen drive . so can you please tell me is it reliable? or is it worth rs 200???

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
you don't need any papers, just give them the damaged pen drive. When I got it replaced, they never asked for any papers. But this will do only if you take th PD to the service center, shops will not replace your PD without papers.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ico......... by the way im am interested in buying a Chinese pen drive . so can you please tell me is it reliable? or is it worth rs 200???
No way. They go kaput easily.

Just try finding Corsair Voyager GT or Sandisk Cruzer.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
you don't need any papers, just give them the damaged pen drive.
+1

you'll be wasting your money, rather get a Corsair Pen drive. they are built to last & if you ever get any probs, its like hand to hande replacement!
Try to format the pen drive.
it is not even getting formatted

@OP
wats your location?
just find the nearest service center & deposit your PD!

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
So you called the number? I told you, they don't even ask anything, just get it replaced.

Mostly, a good pen drive never refuses to get formatted, so if it does, 99% chances it is damaged. So if it is corsair or Kingston, get it replaced, if its transcend, throw it away. (I don't know about other companies)

Top Bottom