Pen drive Ejection Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushan

Broken In
Dear frens,
I have a problem with a pen drive which says " Ejection error" and i had to plug out

necessary solutions is appreciated.

thanks

paroh

Padawan
some application is using ur pen drive end that task from the task manager first to use the save and remove feature

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
I prefer (Note:Only in this case when it gives error) to shutdown the PC--> take out the pen drive---> On the pc....

satyamy

Alive Again...
what is save and remove feature?
:confused:
Do you mean Safe Remove

it happens many time
like if you made a word document than you close that document & save it on your Pen Drive & try to remove but it give Ejection Error
because your MS Word is Still open (though your File is closed) but if the application is open sometimes it wont remove easily

also many time we close the application but it Runs in Background
so open Task Manager (if you r in WinXP or Vista),
Click on Process tab and see if any programme you were using (like MS Word in this case) is still running in background
if it is running than right click on it and click "End Process"

than try to remove your Pen Drive

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
If you face any errors like these:-

Cannot delete file: Access is denied
There has been a sharing violation.
The source or destination file may be in use.
The file is in use by another program or user.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use

Use UNLOCKER!!
*ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/unlocker1.8.7.exe
Very small and handy software... Just right-click on the pen-drive icon in My Computer and select 'Unlocker' to unlock all handles...

satyamy

Alive Again...
guys it doesnot solve my problem
than possibly their is Virus in your System

try Kaspersky Internet Security to find & remove viruses
(if you dont have Licensed Version try 30days free trial pack)
*www.kaspersky.com/trials

Last edited:

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
kill the explorer process in the task manager. then manually create explorer.exe. now try removing the pen drive normally. it should be able to eject safely.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
i think ur pendrive doesn feel like ejecting out..kinda addict i think....jus kidding

how do u ask such q's without specifying ur os or pendrive name or ur ocnfig?

ubersoldat

Deadly Creature Me!
Use Avast 4.8 and scan ur pendrive for malware and viruses. Use winrar and open ur pen drive and check for any Autorun.inf file. If it exists then delete it. Hope this helps. :D

@satyamy and mrintech. I don understand why u guys recommend Kas and SuperAntispy. I suggest Avast for its realtime protection which detects viruses and malware instantly. Any specific reason to use KAS or SuperAS? :confused:

satyamy

Alive Again...
the main reason is as compared to other KAS has the strongest and biggest Database
and other reason are -
its interface is very nice, uses less system resource and you can get it at very cheap cost

mrintech

Technomancer
Because SuperAntiSpyware has got the highest detection rate among all freewares: *www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-adware-spyware-scumware-remover.htm

Also this is a nifty utility for removing malwares/scumwares/adwares/trojans that other AV softwares fails to detect sometimes ;)

You can never trust Avast or a single AV Freeware at all instances ;)

ubersoldat

Deadly Creature Me!
Hi mrintech and satya, thanks for the reply. Not tryin to defend myselves but KAS is paid AV no? Thats why I told. Dont feel bad guys :D . Mrintech is my best friend :D.

@gopi, whats there to laugh u dumb moron? :mad:

Last edited:

ubersoldat

Deadly Creature Me!
Stop bullying me man :D . Threatfire, thats crap man. It cannot catch a single spyware or Virus. lol . Nice animated icon though. I shows burning fire when scanning. lol . And if we disable that., it shows an ice cube. Thats nice graphics. I already uninstalled it 2 months ago :D .

mrintech

Technomancer
Threat fire is Best Free Intrusion Prevention and Detection Utility for Home Use (HIPS): *www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-hips.htm

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom