pdf editing of downloaded magazine, display double spread correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I have many pdf files specially Ikea catalogs & other company brouchers & magazines they all have a problem that their 1st page (cover page) shows on left side which changes the sequence of all the inside pages & I cant view double spread visuals & content.
I am using Acrobat reader latest version.
see the below image, page 2&3 -4&5 are double spread but they cant be displayed properly.
*img222.imageshack.us/img222/2505/20080901113345ng0.th.jpg

Linux has this facility & when i open the pdf & the cover page appears on right thus all inside pages appear fine.

How can I achieve that with windows using acrobat reader, do I need to edit & insert a blank page in start so it displays correctly. How to edit & do that, any software which can do that in bulk of pdf files I have.

Need help to solve this long pending problem & I assume other also face it.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
You can do PDF editing with Foxit PDF suite. It consists of a reader, editor and more.
It's really cheap too.

Also try to open those PDFs with Foxit Reader. It's lightweight and free.

Last edited:
OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Does Foxit reader show the 1st page at right side by default so rest of all pages get aligned properly?

I use acrobat bcoz it shows pdf thumbnails which is easy to navigate.

slugger

Banned
merge a single page blank pdf file to the original pdf file with PDF reDirect v2

free version will do the job

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Thanks Slugger,
I use PDF redirect from past many months but never looked deeply into it, surely it has that merge feature which I was looking for.

Thanks again, problem solved.

Though I still wonder that adobe could not provide such easy to implement feature.
All pdf viewers should have an option to start the 1st page of double page either left or right (user choice) when in continuous double page mode, Linux is smarter then windows & already has this feature.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom