PCSX 2 works much better

D

Deleted member 26636

the new PCSX2 works a lot better than the previous one. i am currently playing the shadow of the colossus without any lags, freezing or stutter. check it out guys.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Any other title that you have tried on it?

I have almost given up on this emulator. Every someone posts that it's finally working properly, I get excited and try it, but the same old sh*tty result. Only DMC 2 has worked perfectly for me thus far.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
It has improved greatly. I've played plenty of games in this past month. All it takes is patience and tweaking.

It takes time, configuration.. Trail and error, stuff. I've played God of War 2(was getting 55-60FPS), ICO(60fps), Shadow of the colossus(45-50fps), MGS2(55FPS), Okami(50FPS).

It takes time to configure, checking with different version of GsDx files. Toying with emulation settings, etc :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Are you guys running it directly off the DVD or backed up files? I'm interested in trying out Shadow of Rome again, if it works properly that is.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I played with a ISO. It just reduces the burden. I ran few games on DVD as well. Not a experience changing aspect. But, playing with a backed up iso helps if the disk is dirty.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

the games that ran smoothly are- 1. kingdom hearts 2,
2. metal gear solid 3 subsistence (cutscene lag & occasional frame rate drop)
3. 007 everything or nothing (no bullet sfx, sometimes)
4. batman begins
5. viewtiful joe (occasional drop in framerate)
6. 007 from russia with love (occasional drop in framerate)
7. Tekken 5 (slow menu)
8. Smackdown vs Raw (slow menu)
9. Shadow of the colossus (occasional sound hiccups)

i've been playing all the games mentioned (except shadow of the colossus) from the dvd's(that are in good condition).if i play any other game, i'll let you guys know.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had played smackdown vs. raw 2008 using it though it took a lot of time to configure the controllers correctly.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
LOL, full hd :p

I completed ICO(PAL) recently on PCSX2. It ran smooth. No hiccups, graphic corruption, choppy frame rates, etc. But i ran into couple of bugs which made me to restart PCSX2. I used Xpad to make 360 controller as the default controller. And it was almost like playing on a ps2.

And, about MGS3, I faced choppy frame rates(40FPS). And Same is with MGS2(45FPS). The controlling was not smooth like it was on ps2 because of this frame rates.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Whats the native res for the game ? and can DS3 be used for controller ?

Yea.. absolutely. But you need a different plug in . I think, LilyPad Plug in supports DS3. But you have to configure windows to get DS3 detected as a standard controller.

If you haven't configured windows for DS3 (connected with supplied USB cable), go here

Download LilyPad plugin from here

The native res of any ps3 game is a SD resolution of 480i(NTSC) and 576i(PAL). But you can force High resolution.. which will make them stunningly good than they ever were on ps2. They look a lot better than what they did on PS2. I emulated Ico with a 1280x720 Resolution. It did quite well.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

@vamsi_krishna: you can check this video- YouTube - PCSX2 0.9.7 Tutorial: How to Configure I used the settings shown there.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've used 0.9.6 ( stable ) but acc to the official website you should use 0.9.7 though still it's in beta stage - I need to try out 0.9.7 if I can manage to get some time for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom