PCI Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Everyone. My name is sworoop, am from Orissa.

What i need to know is that can i get a PCI Graphics Card for my PC.

My config is :

17" AOC Monitor
Intel 945 GCPE Motherboard(Foxconn)
1.6 Ghz Dual Core Processor(Intel)
Onboard Intel GMA 128 MB (That's the problem : Most games don't support Intel GMA)
2 GB DDR2 RAM(1GB Hynix 667+1GB Transcend 667)
160GB HDD ( Hitachi, 7200 RPM)
ASUS 20X DVD Writer
My mother board does not support AGP or PCI-Express

Budget is not of concern but i don't want to go for system over haul, coz i bought this system a yr back.
Thank You

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
If you bought this system an year ago, then it should have PCI-Express or atleast an AGP slot. :shock:

If it doesn't have any of them then you are left with no choice but to make do with the onboard graphics.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Din i have seen that card and it doesnt have the either.No Pcie or AGP.
@sworoop.mahapatra
Forget investing in any of the PCI based graphic card as they will be 4 times slower than your onboard Intel GMA Chipset.

Forget the MB that you have and get a new one this time with PciE Slot.
That is if you really need the strong graphic card.For Day to day computing onboard Intel GMA that you have would be enough,

OP
S

sworoop.mahapatra

Broken In
Thanks

Thanks for replying guys.
Cool g5 and din this mobo doesn't have a PCIe or AGP slot.
The same mobo but a dfferent model name has an AGP and PCIe(The model is 945GCCR i think)

ne wayz thx for replying.
gud day.

din

Tribal Boy
Sorry for my ignorance :(

Anyway, from the replies it seems the best way is to invest on a new mobo + processor ?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yup it would be best to get a new system, if it's possible for the OP.
PCI cards are dead, AGP are costly & everything ancient such as DDR RAM cost twice of the new DDR2.

So it's better to use the onboard graphics or save money & invest later on in a new system.

OP
S

sworoop.mahapatra

Broken In
wud love to get a new system but my mom and dad will find out if i buy a new one. but they won;t notice if i invest in a card. since i am buying it of my own cash budget is very high. Thx neways.
looks i wud hv to wait.
hv a gud day

btw my gmail id is sworoop.mahapatra@gmail.com u can add me on orkut socializing site.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
No use, wait and get mom-dad's permission, and invest in a better PC instead after a few months!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom