pci-e card solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthik316_1999

In the zone
all i need is a decision bt the
a.the 6600GT and the 7600(ordinary NON-GT)...

1.is the 7600 still worth the few extra dollars inspite of the absence of the GT thing,,.by the way wats the GT actually...

2.wat wud be the price diff bt the 7600 and the 7600GT

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
There's no 7600 (non GT). It is called 7600GS.

1. Yes it's worth buying over the 6600GT if the price difference is minor.

2. 7600GS is Rs. 8,000 approx and 7600GT is Rs. 12,000 approx.

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
maybe this page will also help u in helpin me! out of the 6600GT and the 7600 GS(by the way the ordinary 7600 is called the 7600GS right)?

*www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...view/page2.asp

i noted that the 7600GS is inferior to the 6600GT in terms of

MEMORY BANDWIDTH
CORE CLOCK SPPED andthe
MEMORY SPEED.

however its got more
PIXEL SHADERS and
VERTEX SHADERS..

i don know wat really ther r...so guys plssssss help me to find the best outta the two...

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Despite all that the 7600GS is better than the 6600GT. You can take a look at this page to compare the performance the 7600GS and the 6600GT.
*legionhardware.com/document.php?id=547

Last edited:
OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
cool man...thanks

and have any of u heard of the bigbyte brand of geforce cards...are they worth it or shall i go for the XFX 128MB gforce7600GS....

Last edited:
OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
k guys...im back for a few last minute advice on my upgrade...

1.there are 2 versions of the asus boards with onboard Geforce6 for the athlon 64 namely "A8N-VM CSM/NBP" and "A8N-VM CSM"...my vendor says only the latter is availbale here in market..as far i can see the only difference between the two is with the onboard graphics version...

*in.asus.com/products2.aspx?l1=3&l2=15

A8N-VM CSM/NBP - NVIDIA® GeForce 6150B + nForce 430
A8N-VM CSM - NVIDIA GeForce 6150 + nForce 430

will that B thing make that much of a difference..???one more thing me gonna go for the XFX Geforce 7600GS 256MB...so even if there is any diff in the quality of onboard graphics bt the 2 boards..does'nt really matter right...????

2.to wat extent does what onboard graphics u have really matter when ur gonna be installing a graphics card...like for eg,board A,board B(both with similar FSB,RAM etc etc but mobo B inferior to mobo A with onboard graphics..)

now lets assume v installin same graphics on both the board..how wud u compare their performance...will the higher onboard graphics on board A help boost its performance...??

3.is there anythin called SATA2 interface for seagate HDD's...?and i guess do these mobos support it...

4.from the specs of the board,im not exactly able to figure out how many IDE ports r there...i already got a 40B hdd,combo drive,cd-drive..plannin to go for a 160GB SATA drive and a DVD writer...so curious to know if i can connect all of them..

thanks..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom