PC wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

valtea

In the zone
One of my PC Refused to start.
It has ASUS p4v533-mx Mother board with p4 processor.
I have used different SMPS, RAM and cabinet (for the power switches etc...) for testing but it still wont start. It wont even go to POST. Even the Fan is not starting.
The indicator on the Mother board light up but noting happens after that. I have even tried pressing f and j continously before powering on the syste. Have even cleared the CMOS but no help.

Can someone tell me what may be the main reason. I dont have any other p4 processor for testing it. is there anyway to know where the problem is?

A

anurag_online

Try

Try another motherboard with your stuff it will work i am sure. as this is the most common prob with the asus motherboards.

digen

Youngling
Re: Try

anurag_online said:
Try another motherboard with your stuff it will work i am sure. as this is the most common prob with the asus motherboards.
eh? dude ASUS mobo's are more widely known because of their rock stability & performance.I myself have a ASUS A7N266-VM.

@valtea
1.Check for loose connections.
2.Check your power supply.

Kannan

In the zone
Yeah digen is right. Asus are rock solid.

Still check your Motherboard's SMPS connector and also remove all the PCI cards, Drives and have only processor, RAM and MB and start.

This could give a start for troubleshooting.

- Snake -

Broken In
Take out all the peripherals floppy harddisk pci cards even mouse and keyboard only conncect monitor and then restart your system if still nothing happens then obvious, your motherboard needs to be replaced

And yes even most solid rocks can get cracked..........;)

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Valte, have you tried removing or replacing the CMOS battery with a known good one ? Some mobos boot up with a good battery or with none, but refuse to do so with a weak one. Check the voltage with a multimeter and see if it's close to 3 Volts.

You seem to have covered most other things, but when trying to solve a difficult technical problem in real life, it sometimes turns out that we missed a step somewhere along the line. I suggest repeating the tests, substituting one component at a time. Also, as others have suggested, disconnect everything that's not needed to initiate a POST.

The symptoms can also be caused by a dead CPU.

rajas

In the zone
First thing to suspect would be Mobo and then the Processor. I'm sure that a new Mobo will resolve the issue

Doc Holliday

Broken In
Hi Valtea,

The gurus are right. Asus is rock solid -- no doubt about it. You say you have tried changing the SMPS, cabinet (for the switches), and RAM. Why don't you remove all add-on cards (if any are installed) and try to boot up?

If you still fail there, maybe you are looking at a fried-up motherboard. If that is the case, I would be worried if I were you -- maybe you need to take a closer look at the issue(s) that started all this. Maybe you need to get your earthing checked by a good electrician and make sure you are getting the earthing right up to your SMPS.

Thanks,

DH

La_Scorpione

Right off the assembly line
valtea i bet ur comp's an assembled one and i even bet that ur a mizo am i right,ur a mizo,yes!! ASUS motherbds r really strong but the problem may be due to the clash of ur different hardware with the motherboard so i suggest u go to the dealer and tell him to give u a good unclashing config!!!

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Doc Holliday said:
Hi Valtea,

The gurus are right. Asus is rock solid -- no doubt about it. You say you have tried changing the SMPS, cabinet (for the switches), and RAM. Why don't you remove all add-on cards (if any are installed) and try to boot up?

If you still fail there, maybe you are looking at a fried-up motherboard. If that is the case, I would be worried if I were you -- maybe you need to take a closer look at the issue(s) that started all this. Maybe you need to get your earthing checked by a good electrician and make sure you are getting the earthing right up to your SMPS.

Thanks,

DH
You should certainly try this. This has helped most of my PC not restarting encounters.............

A

anurag_online

Re: Try

digen said:
anurag_online said:
eh? dude ASUS mobo's are more widely known because of their rock stability & performance.I myself have a ASUS A7N266-VM.

@valtea
1.Check for loose connections.
2.Check your power supply.

But ASUS has always disappointed me :( my few frnds are using these motherboards And BHAGWAN jane what the hell is the problem with them... they all act quite strange often....

OP
V

valtea

In the zone
Thanks alot for your help. Inded it WAS the Mother Board. i replaced it .. now it workes fine.
La_Scorpione
My config didnt clash. It was working wery well.

Thanks guys for your help.

Doc Holliday

Broken In
Hi Valtea,

Sorry to hear about the motherboard. Which motherboard did you get? The same one or another one?

Lastly, please get your earthing checked right up to the SMPS input.

DH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom