PC won't boot up...No Display etc. etc.

D

Deleted member 26636

So today while working on my PC, it suddenly turned off with a BSOD. Error code:- 0x0000001E. When I restarted my PC, it switched on but restarted instantly & then switched on again, only to start a restart cycle. After another two restarts, the PC booted but once past the BIOS Post screen, there was another BSOD- PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. I restarted the PC again & this time there was no restart cycle & the PC booted properly but was stuck at starting windows. So, I had to restart & then select "launch startup repair" to perform a system restore, after which the PC booted properly without any problems.

Once it booted, I checked for these problems online & most of them pointed to a memory and/ or a driver error. Since I have only one RAM & one PC, I couldn't check the RAM anywhere else. However, I scanned my drivers using driver genius & updated all my drivers accordingly.

The PC worked fine for a couple of hours & then suddenly switched off. I performed the usual checks like-
1. Changing RAM slots
2. Taking out the CMOS battery.
3. Clearing the BIOS
4. Disconnecting HDDs & GFX card etc. etc.

Please note that my motherboard is ASUS P7H55- M LE. This is a very cheap board without an internal system speaker & not even any slots to connect one. So there is absolutely no way I can check for beep codes. Anyway, I tried everything I could but nothing worked. Most of the times when I switched my PC on, it would enter an infinite restart cycle & I had to hold the power button for a while to switch it off. Sometimes it would not go into restart cycles but it wouldn't boot up either. The keyboard or the mouse wouldn't light up. In all cases, there was no display on the monitor.

My Config is-
ASUS P7H55- M LE,
Intel Core i3 540 (LGA 1156),
3 HDDs- 1 x 1 TB Seagate 7200, 1x 500GB Seagate 7200, 1 x 330GB Seagate 7200,
FSP Saga II 500W,
Nvidia Geforce GT240,
4Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1333MHz RAM

I have no idea how to proceed with this problem Please suggest. Thanks a lot.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
that bsod pfn_list_corrupt occurs when your pc is trying to swap info between the page file which is your virtual memory, and your physical memory i.e ram

it is mostly a ram issue,check other rams in that pc

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

that bsod pfn_list_corrupt occurs when your pc is trying to swap info between the page file which is your virtual memory, and your physical memory i.e ram

it is mostly a ram issue,check other rams in that pc

Yeah I thought this was a RAM issue so I connected another good RAM from a friend's working PC & surprisingly it did boot the first time but when I restarted it to see if it was working but it did not boot up again, no matter how many times I restarted the PC. I tried changing the RAM slots but even that did not work. I suspect the motherboard now. I'll be sending off my mobo for RMA tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 26636

can you able to reformat or install the windows ? at boot with cd or usb,if yes then do it

I cannot. Since my PC wouldn't even go into BIOS POST & there is absolutely no display on the monitor. I also checked my RAM (the one connected on my PC that isn't booting) on a friend's PC & his PC booted fine- all the way to the windows desktop. This pretty much confirms it as a motherboard problem. I'll be sending it for RMA today.

Flash

Lost in speed
BSOD's reveal a lot of information about where went wrong.
If possible, post the BSOD screenshot here.

Top Bottom