PC upgrade... tight budjet

technova

Broken In
Hello Guys,

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans:General Work and normal gaming actually, I do have old games like IGI/IGI2/NFS/NFS Most Wanted/Batman/GTA 3 or it will be good if I can play some recent games on mid level... suggest some if u know the games which I can play... will get the setups from my friends.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: 15000

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans:Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans:Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: I have 1TB HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: I have Dell 2030 Mon.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans:HDD, mon, speakers,mouse and keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: 1 to 2 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: Will be done by my friend

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Nashik

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: Share thoughts on

Intel 2.9 GHz LGA1155 G2020 Processor (Blue) Rs. 3800
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H Motherboard Rs. 3847
Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB PC RAM Rs. 2250
Corsair VS350 350 Watt PSU Rs. 1921
Cabinet any local cabinet Rs.1000/1500
Samsung SH-224DB/IDDS DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive Rs. 1053

Total Rs.13871
Total Budjet Rs. 13000/15000

Also which graphics card can I add in future.

Regards,
SKN

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Fill this up 1st and post it by editing your 1st post: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
core i3 3220- 7k /pentium g2020 -3.6k
gigabyte ga-h61m - d2h - 3.5k/b75 -d3h - 4.3k
Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB PC RAM -2.25k
antec bp300p - 1.8k
antec nsk4400 - 1.3k
asus odd - 1k

i3 3220 (7500)
Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 (3250) @ Flipkart
EVM DDR3 4 GB 1333 MHz ram (2000)
Antec BP300 (1900)
local cabinet (1000)
Asus optical drive (1050)

total: 16,700

Try not to go below this config. You can delay the purchase for few weeks if budget is a problem :) this config will be much more future proof than a G2020.

OP
technova

technova

Broken In
Thanks dear :)

My concern is to have MOBO with HDMI/DVI port but if I opt for

i3 3220 (7500)
Antec BP300 (1900)
local cabinet (1000)

Can I add any graphics card later and can I use the HDMI/DVI port provided on that graphics card?

Or in this price range, can I have a better config for AMD processors.

Regards,

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

i3 3220 (7500)
Antec BP300 (1900)
local cabinet (1000)

Can I add any graphics card later and can I use the HDMI/DVI port provided on that graphics card?

Regards,

your budget is very tight. i would recommend gigabyte b75m-d3h over the suggested board. if you add a gpu later, then you can use the dv.hdmi port provided by the gpu.
for ram get kingston hyperx blu - 4g - 2.25k at flipkart. miles better than that evm ram.

OP
technova

technova

Broken In
Thanks,

What about ASRock H71M-DGS Motherboard (Rs. 3475) it has DVI port and supports 1600 MHz freq, means I can use the RAM freq at 1600 ... am I right?

also what about a local cabinet having SMPS, do I still need a new PSU or can I use old one or the one with local cabinet.

sorry for too many questions.

i3 3220 (7500)
Antec BP300 (1900)
local cabinet (1000)

Regards,

> Yes, you can add any graphic card on the board later.

> AMD config will cost way more.

Thanks,

What about ASRock H71M-DGS Motherboard (Rs. 3475) it has DVI port and supports 1600 MHz freq, means I can use the RAM freq at 1600 ... am I right?

also what about a local cabinet having SMPS, do I still need a new PSU or can I use old one or the one with local cabinet.

sorry for too many questions.

> The Asrock board looks good :thumbs:

> local SMPS aren't recommended as they are crap :) You can ask the shopkeep to keep the SMPS with him and reduce cabinet's price by 300-400 bucks.

> Never hesitate to ask anything to anyone. you buy only once :)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
get the gigabyte mobo. that asrock mobo is having age old audio chipset and 2 memory slots only.

OP
technova

technova

Broken In
Oks,

The cabinet antec nsk4400 @ 1.35k shows that it comes with 380W PSU.. is it good.. if I opt for it, shall I cancel the PSU and add the amount to the gigabyte mobo?

Ref
Antec.com - NSK4400
Antec - NSK 4400

Regards,

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
no,i think you wont get psu for rs 1350. you will only get the cabby. confirm from the shop.

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
Even if it does come with a PSU i would suggest buy a seperate Psu and to save money go with a local cabinet. Psu is a VERY IMPORTANT component so i suggest dont go with a cheap psu. (Bad experiences)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Even if it does come with a PSU i would suggest buy a seperate Psu and to save money go with a local cabinet. Psu is a VERY IMPORTANT component so i suggest dont go with a cheap psu. (Bad experiences)

psus that come with branded cabbys are better than any cheap psus.

Top Bottom