PC unable to boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techmastro

Journeyman
I have P4 2.8 Ghz, 256 RAM, 865intel mobo, 80GB hd.
yesterday when i was working on my PC all of sudden PC goes down.
I tried restarting it but in vein.
I checked all connection & wiring inside everything was fine.
When i restarted i noticed that as soon i turns on UPS power light in CPU goes on(earlier it used to flash on turning on UPS & turns on only when i switch on CPU).
also with start of UPS cdrom & hd also started.
My hd worked fine in my friend's PC.
even bootable cd could not start it.
there was no effect of power button on CPU.

Is it a hardware failure.
Please help

Nimda

l33t n00b!
SMPS problem for sure. Replace the one you have with a better one. To calculate how much power ur PC needs, visit:
*www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Hardware failure for sure....................
If connections aren't loose, there is no way you can avoid a technician........... You will have to call one soon..........

theraven

Technomancer
since u have access to a friends computer i suggest u try using his power supply first
if it works .. its the psu
if it doesnt its the mobo probably
since u didnt mention which hardware of urs worked on ur friends pc i cant say anything

anyways its better to test than to blindly go out and buy something new. . which u probably didnt need in the first place

OP
T

Techmastro

Journeyman
my PC is just 1 yr old so i do not think it is because cmos battery.

Even if it is SMPS problem is it possible to open cdrom .moreover when i put a bootable cd in rom & restart Cd runs in drive but pc donot boot
Can it be possible that SMPS is gone still you got power in hdd & cd rom.

bendre123

Broken In
i think it is the probleme with wiring.
i think ur power connector or led connector
was not configured properly on motherboard.
this is also happend with me.
then i open my cpu.
found that led connector was not properly mounted on motherboard.
i have via chipset motherboard.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Ummmmmmmmm...
Processor might be loose !
I faced a similar problem and it turned out that way !
The technician came and tightened the Sink+Fan combo and applied some thermal paste and the comp runs smoothly as ever !

abhishek_734

Broken In
I FACED A SIMILAR PROBLEM.WHAT I DID WAS AS FOLLOWS-I FOUND THE TWO PAIRS OF WIRES LEADING FROM THE POWER AND RESTRART BUTTON.TOOK THEM OUT AND THEN INSERTED THEM IN OPPOSITE WAY ONE BY ONE .OUT OF FOUR COMBINATIONS ONE COMBINATION APPEARED GOOD TO ME AS WITH THIS COMBINATION THE BOTH THE PAIR OF WIRES ON INSERTION DIDN'T APPEAR LOOSE.THEN I CLOSED THE PC AND RESTARTED IT.NOW MY POWER BUTTON WORKED AND PC DIDN'T STARTED BY IT'S OWN.BUT STILL MY PC COULD'T BOOT.A BLUE SCREEN CAME AT START . SO SIMPLY I REINSTALLED MY OS. I HAD AN INTEL 845 CHIPSET MOTHERBOARD WITH 1.8 GHZ PROCESSOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom