PC to Mobile - (Chikka to Hutch) SMS problem.. Plz Help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max_Power

Broken In
Chikka text messenger by indiatimes is a freeware which can be used to send SMS from PC to mobile for free. ( www.chikka.indiatimes.com )

I have sent SMS to Reliance and BSNL mobiles but I am not able to send SMS to a Prepaid Hutch phone with prefix 9986. I also prefixed the counrty code 91. I get an error message saying "The mobile phone operator is not supported at this time. For a current list of supported mobile phone operators please visit indiatimes.chikka.com"

But when I visit this webpage, Hutch is in the list of supported operators.
I also cannot Recieve SMS from this number.

When I asked HutchCare about the problem. The nice lady on the other end of the line informed me that the mobile number should be registered in chikka service before it can send/recieve SMS to/from Chikka users. But I was not able to register that number with chikka. ( Through SMSing "IM C <name>" to 8888. )

Also is there any other software or service by which I can send and recieve SMS from a PC to a mobile for free??

Can anybody please help me?

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
I WAS able to successfully send the msgs!
The thing is that...when you add one person to list,... a msg is sent to him/her to accept... if he'she denies...then you just can't send msg!

And also, though u didn't ask... the other person HAS to reply at least once.... in order for YOU to send anymore msgs... othewise... you are not allowed as a measure to prevent SPAM.

The new Yahoo messenger can send msgs. Though i was not successfull. ANd i HEARDm rediff bol also does that... not sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom