PC shuts down itself @10:50 pm automatically .. everyday.. :(

giprabu

In the zone
I'm facing a strange issue for past one month.

By sharp 10:50 pm everyday night, my system automatically shuts down:(

I'm afraid if my system has been hacked . It displays a message like shown below before shutting down.

*img198.imageshack.us/img198/4335/error2bt.jpg

I even tried altering the time, like, i tried changing the time to 10:55 at 10:48 itself, still i couldn't stop it ..

I'm really disturbed now. pls help guys.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
haha! from the message it seems its setup by your parents/friend.
Let it be :)

other wise check scheduled tasks, disbale the antivirus or whatever tools is being used.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Open task manager, select the window and click go to process. Let me see which process is spawning this message ?

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Nobody other than me uses the system. And you ppl want me to check the task manager exactly when that msg pops up uh ?

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
guess i have found the problem.
it was in scheduled task list . thanks for helping me to spot it out. *img43.imageshack.us/img43/5697/erfound.jpg
but still how did it come ??, i did not schedule it . I'm pretty sure about it.
and is there any probability that my system is been hacked :( ??

noob

Cyborg Agent
hahhaha lol topic :D

which internet connection you use ? Cable net ? Make sure any kind of network access to system is disabled

If nobody else uses your computer and you didnt installed an application that may have a hidden program or a batch script in it which initiated the task then yes you are right about being hacked! Probably this is the time you should think about having a powerful operating system around you incase of a hack :D and if you dont have a good firewall please install one !

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
^^ i currently use avast free edition. will buying a full version of kaspersky or other antivirus softwares help me ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
get kaspersky antivirus 1 year license for Rs.210 or kaspersky internet security for Rs.260.i don't see any point in using microsoft security essential or any free antivirus when one can get kaspersky this cheap.(even cheapest cheese burst dominos pizza cost ~290 :) )

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Some one use CMD trick to fool you I think Or in above post parental control might be the trouble causer or your Hacked !!! first thing you should do is to back up your all important files in the computer then reinstall windows 7 solved

Some one use CMD trick to fool you I think Or in above post parental control might be the trouble causer or your Hacked !!! first thing you should do is to back up your all important files in the computer then reinstall windows 7 solved
As it turns out, its the most effective way to solve Windows problems :)) Thats why i use Ubuntu !

Top Bottom