PC Restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachinc

Broken In
Hi, my PC restarts when i connect to the internet. No, its not a virus I have already checked that. even formatted the HD a couple of time since. Am using Win XP.
I don't think it is a software related issue. Can someone please help!!!!!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I am also facing the problem described above.Also randomly my programs crash.What could be it?

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
try this it may work :

my computer ->properties ->advanced ->startup and recovery- >settings ->

remove the tick mark from automatically restart

If not we cans ay it would be a hardware issue, maximum a RAM problem

pramodv1988

Broken In
@sachinc

I am not sure, but if your PC restarts only when you connect to the internet maybe some problem with the driver of the modem/ethernet card. Or may be the device may itself be damaged. Try re-installing the drivers.

OP
S

sachinc

Broken In
Thanks, I have formatted the PC recently a couple of times so it does not appear a ethernet issue. Anyway i unchecked the 'Automatic Restart' Option and got a blue screen with the following error:

Technical Information
***Stop: 0x40000080 (0x84F93130, 0x8400D378, 0x00000001)

Physical Dump Complete..............

Anyone has any clues, is this a RAM issue or some other hardware

saaa

Right off the assembly line
hi sachin.
yes it is.its da ram problem.but also teel me about ur proccr n mainboard which 1 mb u use n also rams

pramodv1988

Broken In
Hi,

Maybe ur lan card has got corrupted. You can try putting in your friend's lan card and see if it works. Or u maybe using a incorrect driver.

Are u using a modem or a lan card?

OP
S

sachinc

Broken In
I have sify broadband which works fine on my laptop.

With regards the PC I have a Athlon 2800+ Asus K8 MX motherboard, 1.73 Ghz processor with an onboard lan card.

Will try replacing the RAM and see what happens.

r2d2

Journeyman
Might also be cpu overheating, clean the heatsink/fan if there are lots of dusts in it. When you reattach the heatsink/fan apply a good quality thermal compound.

kisorgovinda

Broken In
My PC - a Pentium IV, 512 MB RAM, Intel 845GVSR motherboard - is restarting automatically recently. Can any body suggest way out please?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
My PC - a Pentium IV, 512 MB RAM, Intel 845GVSR motherboard - is restarting automatically recently. Can any body suggest way out please?

1) Have you made any recent change in hardware.
2) Make sure, processor Fan, SMPS fan, and cabinet fan is running smoothly.
3)Overheating:To check this cause..please open the cabinet and than run the system.

Please download speed fan .. it will tell you the temperature at which your CPU and hard drives are running.Download it from here:
*www.almico.com/speedfan.php

4)Another cause can be bad memory.There is chance that the memory(RAM) you have installed is bad.
To check this...try with another RAM stick.

5)There is a property in win XP..that restats the sysstem automatically when system is having any error.You can turn it off.To do this ,follow these steps:
start-->>right click my computer-->>properties-->>click on advance tab.You can see something like this:

*img45.imageshack.us/img45/724/propeg6.jpg

click on Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.A page willopen like this

*img119.imageshack.us/img119/6563/prop2zq8.jpg

Just uncheck the box "Automatically Restart" in the System failure section..like this:
*img253.imageshack.us/img253/572/prop2hi5.jpg

6) Another reason can be:: Virus/Spyware
turnoff system restore, boot in safe mode.
And do full system scan with one good antivirus and 2 good antisptware.Both should be updated.

7) Also repair your windows registry using some registry software.Some good and free registry fixer software can be found here:
*www.techhunt.org/node/94

According to you PC is not infected...
And computer restarts just after connecting to internet.

Than I think, problem is with your ethernet card.
If possible, buy a new LAN card (will cost you around Rs. 150/-)....and than try connecting to internet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom