PC restarts without any reason.

jaytosh

Right off the assembly line
I have a pc with the following configuration.
Processor Intel Q6600
Mobo Intel Dg31 Pr
Ram 2*1GB 667 Mhz
HDD 160 GB Seagate
Psu 400 watt generic
The problem is that my pc restarts randomly.I have 2 partitions with windows 7 installed.In one it gives BSOD of IRQL not less than equal while in other os it gives no BSOD.My motherboard was sent for overheating problems and Intel had sent a mobo with different no. label.Also on runing memtest in windows it gives a lot of errors while using its live cd i get no errors. Interestingly my ram showed no problem when it was checked by a hardware vendor nor while running windows memory test.
I am clueless about what is the cause of this error.please help me out guys.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Most probably PSU problem. I think the PSU which you are using is local one.
Replace the PSU.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
If possible give the error code of the BSOD like 0x0000000A0

Since you have two RAM stick, rum memtest from bootable CD/flash drive individually, and post your result here.

OP
J

jaytosh

I also suppose this to be a psu problem and have zeroed in on Corsair 430 watt cx430v2 as a replacement which is available at Rs. 2300 in Lucknow.Going to post the result of memtest as soon as I complete them.Thanks for the quick replies.

OP
J

jaytosh

I have attached a typical error window which I get.As for the memtest I had to run both my sticks alternately on one slot as the other slot refused to work with system beeping thrice on startup meaning no memory installed.However the sticks completed the test.I am also posting the screenshot after successful completion of memtest.After the test when I installed both the sticks and booted there was no video output from the cpu but on keeping it switched off for 5 mins and rebooting it has started working.If my mobo is faulty then please suggest me a good mobo.

Arxya

It might not be anything involved with your hardware. Which antivirus are you running? Have you tried reinstalling windows? I had a similar problem and the reinstallation of windows did the trick... :)

Top Bottom