PC restarts automatically after booting

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Okay so this problem that quite a few times, not always my PC would on its own restart once I have booted my computer. At first my old P4 computer takes nearly 10 minutes to boot up and on top of that sometimes without me giving the command, it restarts on its own? Guys please tell me what is wrong with my PC and what can I do to solve this problem, and also how to reduce booting time?

frankeric

Journeyman
Okay so this problem that quite a few times, not always my PC would on its own restart once I have booted my computer. At first my old P4 computer takes nearly 10 minutes to boot up and on top of that sometimes without me giving the command, it restarts on its own? Guys please tell me what is wrong with my PC and what can I do to solve this problem, and also how to reduce booting time?

yeah bud replace you ram sticks and try again.

clmlbx

Technomancer
If you have two then before getting new check by interchanging.. possible problem ram slot too.. try booting with one at a time on each slot

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
At present the problem has not occurred since two days so I think that it might have got resolved, in case it reappears I will try to do the thing with RAM. Thanks guys.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Ok. Then run Memtest test#5 on both the modules & post the result.

It could be RAM problem.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Yeah, will do it incase I see the problem occurring again, thank god that since a few days I have not faced that problem.

Top Bottom