PC Power Up only after cmos is reset

inwell

Broken In
Hello friends,

Im facing this problem for my pc from few days. It wont power up at all. I checked all the voltages and they are fine. Motherboard LED is also off. I removed all the cables and place them back after cleaning everything.Still no luck.
I tried using paperclip instead of power switch,still no luck.

This pc takes the power only after i remove and reinstall CMOS battery . (Jumper clear wont work). This works well few days,and again i need to remove CMOS battery.

So i was guessing, what is the relation between the cmos battery and Motherboard not getting power from PSU ?

MB- ASUS a8r-mvp
Pro-AMD
PSU-450 watt
RAM-Kingston 4GB

regards

OP
I

inwell

Broken In
Try a new battery.

yup,thats obvious ... but i was trying to get the relation between CMOS battery and PSU ?

many times we notice that CMOS battery fails and TIME/DATE is set to defaults..but PC starts and works normally.

frankeric

Journeyman
yup,thats obvious ... but i was trying to get the relation between CMOS battery and PSU ?

many times we notice that CMOS battery fails and TIME/DATE is set to defaults..but PC starts and works normally.

I am not sure but what i think for powering up current flow through cmos battery so if battery is not able to pass the current it will create issues.

OP
I

inwell

Broken In
I am not sure but what i think for powering up current flow through cmos battery so if battery is not able to pass the current it will create issues.

ohk...but its still strange that same battery works well to startup the pc and it just takes a remove and re insert... without the battery change ( the so called bad battery)

anyways... PCs always behave strange.. :)

regards

aloodum

Journeyman
^^ Im inclined to say its a PSU issue.
But does it boot up properly without the battery?

You can try some of the steps suggested below:
Won't boot unless clear CMOS every time, not battery - Asus - Motherboards-Memory

OT: A quick search shows owners of 939 boards reporting this issue far more than any other builds

OP
I

inwell

Broken In
@ d6bmg...... PSU is UMAX i guess...

@aloodum.... me too thought that its PSU..but the system works perfect for months after this procedure is followed..

frankeric

Journeyman
ohk...but its still strange that same battery works well to startup the pc and it just takes a remove and re insert... without the battery change ( the so called bad battery)

anyways... PCs always behave strange.. :)

regards

Hi brother you see when you pull out the battery and put it back in this procedure battery charged a little but it exactly works as when your tv remote is not working properly you just pul out its battery and put it back and remote starts working.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's mobo or Bios issue.

@ Op - use HWinfo and post the voltage reading screenshot ( sensor module )

Top Bottom