pc not booting

siddu101

Broken In
my pc does not boot, cabinet turns on, all fans start, but the cpu fan stops after around 5 seconds...
then the cabinet shuts down..
amd phenom II x6 , 650w psu, 4gb ram, 3 hdd (5400rpm) and a gpu radeon 6770.... i am assuming its not a power problem as things were fine from the past 1 year.
it was all fine till today morning, where it suddenly turned off.

manikant

THE EVOLUTION
Check ur psu. Disconnect everything frm psu , now on the 24 pin conn. place a resistor of 100-120 ohms in grn-blck wires. Connect the pwr cord. It will b started,wait sumtime,if it gets off then give it to service center.

OP
S

siddu101

Broken In
the pc booted w/o the fan but gave no fan error... strange...
the voltage to the pin on the motherboard that connects to the fan also appears fine.
i assume the problem is with the fan.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
may be the fan gone bad or running at too low speed - that's why cpu is being overheated and to protect cpu is turning itself of r there could be a issue with the mobos cpu fan header .. anyway, remove the cpu HSF .. clean it and the surface of the cpu too .. aply some good TiM - reinstall the cpu hsf properly.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
It's possible the way topgear has said. It's very much possible that your CPU cooler fan isn't working properly or not at all and thus the Processor is turning the system off to save the components. CPU's tend to turn themselves off, if temperatures go beyond a specified limit. Most motherboards do let the users manage up the CPU shutdown temperatures. You can try going to BIOS and under PC Health Status or something like that, check for the system and CPU temperatures and the system and cpu fan speeds also. If you have set up the shutdown temperature, you can check it against the current CPU temperature. IMO, the cpu shutdown temperature should ideally be between 65-70 degrees celsius.

frankeric

Journeyman
if this was a problem of fan than system should create problem after some time but in his case system is not booting at all.

Top Bottom