PC not booting, stuck at motherboard's title screen | MSI 880GM-E35

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
When I try to turn my PC on, it shows the motehrboard's title screen(or whatever its called!) and nothing else happens. The screen is similar to this: *images.hardwarecanucks.com/image/lemonlime/motherboards/msi_gd70/msi_gd70_bios1_sm.jpg except that name is different.

When I went to BIOS, HDD, SSD and DVD Drive were not detected.
Its a motherboard problem?

How it started:
In morning I was doing random stuff on ubuntu and it froze suddenly. It wasn't responding so I turned the power off directly and restarted the pc. Instead of asking about which OS to boot into, it just went into windows. I ignored this and kept on using windows. I restarted it some time ago and its showing this title screen only, not moving ahead. I have tried removing each sata cable from motherboard, and it shows "Insert proper boot media" when only one sata cable is inserted. :???:

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
check if all SB devices are connected to mobo properly and have power.....

doesnt seem like mobo going bad....

u cud also disable this screen to see whats getting detected whats not see if there is any error showing??!

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
check if all SB devices are connected to mobo properly and have power.....

doesnt seem like mobo going bad....

u cud also disable this screen to see whats getting detected whats not see if there is any error showing??!

What does SB stand for? :???:

I found the error, my SSD is not being detected. And when I remove its cable, its booting properly.

Question: Why it doesn't boot at all when SSD is plugged in?

Sujeet

Undead!!!
SSD Has crashed or corrupted because of your random stuff.

BTW Do you mean to say that your OS is installed on HDD instead of SSD.!

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
SSD Has crashed or corrupted because of your random stuff.

BTW Do you mean to say that your OS is installed on HDD instead of SSD.!
Ubuntu on SSD and Windows in HDD. :oops:

So now I need to get the SSD replaced? Hmm..

There are two service centres for kingston in Delhi as shown on their website. How do I know which one to contact? :oops:

Top Bottom