PC Hardware affected with an UPS with no backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider21

1Click to Rule them All
My PC is connected to an UPS (which is connected to a Spike buster). The UPS battery has died out and my PC turns off immediately on power cut.

Does the Processor,Mobo,PSU,HD or any other component gets affected without a proper shutdown?

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Now i have the same problem though my UPS gives back up to 4 secs in which I can off the monitor and press the power button to shut it down. Many times my computer hanged when I was not able to shut it down within 4 seconds but it hasn't done any damage yet. But my PSU has become weak as it sometimes takes more than 1 min. to start the comp.

I think that your MainBoard does get affected on direct shutdown. If you have to shutdown the PC frequently due to power failure, better take a UPS.

blacklight

Journeyman
i can think of a few dangers you may face
1) Hard disk corruption - If PC turns off immediately,your HDD write heads wont align and could cause damage to hard disk - causes bad sectors and data corruption

2) Power surge - Not sure if your spike buster is capable of handling power surges - can fry up your RAM or worst case affect your mobo

acewin

Point Blanc
atleast get a UPS which can do auto shutdown due to power failfure.

I got an intex UPS of 600VA, just lets me shutdown my system in 2-4minute of time,nothing more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom