Wise Old Owl
this is my config:

AMD Phenom II X4 840 @ 3.2 Ghz
Gigabyte GA 78LMT S2P
Corsair DDR3 1333 MHz 4GB RAM
1TB seagate HDD
500GB WD Green HDD
------------------

Whenever I'm copying a large file to a pen drive or external HDD or am installing a game, every other process stops responding. The copying or installation process runs and completes normally, but I'm unable to do even web browsing simultaneously.

I was installing mass effect from ISO file located on WD hdd to C Drive located on Seagate hdd. The CPU usage of the installation process was 12% and memory usage was 750MB. But nothing else would run along with it.

Earlier, in the digit Kolkata meet, Cilus had suggested changing the SATA cable. I did that and am now using the new cables that came with my motherboard. But that didn't help.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
do you face any problem if only one HDD is connected?

Will have to try that, never thought about it before. Will try it tomorrow.
-------

Installed HD Tune Pro and ran the error scan on the seagate (took 2 hrs 44 mins). Didn't show any errors.

Also ran the extra tests and random access test. Seagate HDD is 7200 RPM and WD is 5400 RPM (with more cache). So seagate should normally be faster. Benchmark test were according to expectations but there was something strange that I noticed in the random access test. While the average speed is always better on Seagate, the max access time is always higher on it. here are the screenshots.

*img190.imageshack.us/img190/7965/32684115.jpg

*img163.imageshack.us/img163/9788/75351074.jpg

*img21.imageshack.us/img21/7127/78499590.jpg

*img641.imageshack.us/img641/3141/34634192.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom