PC hangs when shaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pramodv1988

Broken In
I dont know why this happens......when the PC is slightly shaken or given even a small jerk, the PC hangs. Nothing works. Total freeze.

Its not a software problem cause when I then try to restart the PC doesnt turn on the first time . I have to try 3-4 times.

I have tried changing the RAM slot but in vain.
Any ideas please help.
Thanks.
------------------------------------
Tips and Tricks that you never thought existed www.cooltechtrix.blogspot.com

gaurav21r

Journeyman
You should check not only the RAM slot but ALL the slots, cables as well as plugs (including those of power). Also see if the system fan is functioning properly. It may turn off if thers a loose connection by a jerk.

clmlbx

Technomancer
First Check Out The Power Supply From Your Plug To Smps And It Is Ok Then Check All Power Cables Inside The Cabinet ( To Motherboard,hard-disk,) It Will Be Better If U Open Ur Cabinet When It Is Hang . So First See If Fan Is Working ( Both Smps One And That Above The Processor ) Then Try All Power Cables ( Motherboard And Hard-disk )

OP
P

pramodv1988

Broken In
Thanks for the quick replies. Well I had already tried changing the data cable and the power cable of my Samsung SATA HDD. It has been of no use .

Yes the fans[both] are working.Also will the PC hang if the power cables are faulty...I mean wont it restart?

Also how can I "check the Power Supply From Your Plug To Smps"

Thanks.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Why would u shake a PC ??

and Its pretty Straight, see, some of the component must getting lose from its connecting point... that's why its happening, u have to double check every possible angle !!!

and rather doing it by booting in to an OS, i suggest u un-plug the devicec one by one, at Start up or in Bios and shake the PC, and pin point which is the device, when its not pluged in, PC doesnt Freezes :)

gannu_rox

In the zone
dats rite... Check those cables....

Tighten those screws of ur hdds n Dvd drives... Check earthin n stuff... Replug the power cables...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom