Not open for further replies.

samurai

Broken In
i like to know the views about godfather.is it similar to mafia.what are its
minimum requirements.is it good.pease giving rating to it out of 5

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
dude its not even released so how come u want a rating
just wait for the release though nowadays i have come to hate most of EA releases.
Take battle for middle of earth II for example
Anyways I hope this will turn out to be just as good as it is hyped

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
waitin for the GODFATHER

I am a die-hard fan of the Godfather - and are eagerly waiting for its release.

And by the way BERA(darthwader) could u PLEASE enlighten me why have u come to hate EA games?????
:?: :?: :?:
and wats wrong with battle of middle earth 2???? have u gone nuts???? :evil: :evil:

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
HEy man u cant ignore NFSMW frm EA one of the best EA releasess. Though Battle for middle earth is ok u cant critize EA their r many good releases like fifa 2006, Battle field 2 / Special forces , NFSMW, Also i think god father will rock....Since battle for middle 2 is frm
EA Los Angles. U cant completely blame whole of EA for tht

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Dude I want Godfather to be good man really
I say that i just hope it will be as good as it is hyped
Ok so no offense to the die hard Godfather fans

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
HEy DARTHVADER,
man im not attacking u,
Its fine, I thought we just got drifted away frm the topic.
Lets hope GODFATER will be GOD of Mafia like games

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Well guys brace urself coz Godfather is officially released and ythe first couple of reviews are in

Here are the links
PAge 1 gamespot
page 2 gamespot

Well GAmespot gave it a 8.1 not bad at all
Their pros and cons were
The Godfather is a great addendum to the film and a fun and lengthy game in its own right.
The Good: The game makes great use of the film license; plenty of challenging, multitiered missions to keep you busy; fun combat and interrogation system; you can explore a great-looking, expansive map of 1940s new york, with no load times; good music.
The Bad: Heavily recycled character and vehicle models, as well as building interiors; occasionally glitchy and stupid artificial intelligence; unstable frame rate.

Well as new revies come out from gamespy and ign we shall see.

moshel

Padawan
I got the Godfather game, and theres a very bad and annoying bug in it. i was playing the first mission, i.e. i went through all the long vids and all. then i needed to go to the safe house to save the game(its the first mission in training) so i hijacked a car and went.....but very crazy that i could not get out of the car.....lol.......i tried and tried, and finally i gave up and exited without saving. bad exp. in the first mission itself.....how come ea released the game with such a dumb bug, and i checked on gamespot forums many ppl are facing this problem.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
EA is always in hurry to release games...they always do that....and that leaves ea games prone to bugs in it ....then they will also release a patch soon :)

vmp_vivek

In the zone
moshel said:
I got the Godfather game, and theres a very bad and annoying bug in it. i was playing the first mission, i.e. i went through all the long vids and all. then i needed to go to the safe house to save the game(its the first mission in training) so i hijacked a car and went.....but very crazy that i could not get out of the car.....lol.......i tried and tried, and finally i gave up and exited without saving. bad exp. in the first mission itself.....how come ea released the game with such a dumb bug, and i checked on gamespot forums many ppl are facing this problem.

Hey, I don't have that bug! Instead, I am on now like third mission or so..... :? By the way, how did you guys in India manage to get the full game so quickly???? :shock: :twisted:

P.S. I assume you got the pirated version, LOL. :p :mrgreen:

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Well I have been playing But the driving portion is woefully bland. Guess wat Mafia's was way way better

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I have been looking forward to this game. Now is the time to get it then I guess.

@Darth: Driving is bland? Shit! I was hoping for something like Mafia. Although the driving part wasn't as stellar as GTA series, yet the gameplay made up for it it more ways then one.

moshel

Padawan
well first of all guys the thingy abt the problem that u cant get out of the car is the problem with the cracked version of the game. if u have the original then no problemo.

btw i think what darthvader meant was that driving is bad!.....i agree the driving sucksssssss big time, its totally arcadish as if ur driving a 3d dos based racing game one little touch and ur car moves to the next lane....lol

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Yeah tough luk cody
Driving is absolutely generic
Hell to me there are only 6 or 7 variants of cars and they are of different colours.
The damage modelling is absolutely horrendous.
If u crash into a trash can it explodes::: go figure

Besides in Mafia there was a neat little option of storing cars
Here no avail and Moreover I think the Developers Meant them only to be as a means of getting from Point A to B.

The car chase sequences are arcrade style as moshel said.

However let me not put u off from getting the game.
The Extortion-hand to hand combat- taking over the business thing is really kewl man-----best thing its a bit diff .
However it does get repetitive as all the shops have absolutely same textures.
all bakery shops - the same textures etc....

However the story is pretty good and if u are a godfather movie fanatic then u will like it definitely,
But it definitely has a lot of shortcomings which EA could pretty easily fix up:x :x :x

But as i Said Before ( and i got rebukes everywher)
that nowadays EA is worried only about releasing games fast and making money.
Man Getting such a awesome license they brought out a game which really seems to be unfinished.
While some things are well implemened some truly are woeful.

I wish only Rockstar had the license then the game would be brilliant. Wat if Blizzard had it. Man watever game they make watever genre may it be it roxx- Thats one developer I truly respect Look At WOW .

Sigh I have still to wait for Mafia II
Oh wat happnd to ILLusion softworks
Komon yaar we want mafia II
komon guys lets make a petition for MAFia II :p :p :p :p :p :p

usmayur

Broken In
ymhatre said:
HEy man u cant ignore NFSMW frm EA one of the best EA releasess. Though Battle for middle earth is ok u cant critize EA their r many good releases like fifa 2006, Battle field 2 / Special forces , NFSMW, Also i think god father will rock....Since battle for middle 2 is frm
EA Los Angles. U cant completely blame whole of EA for tht

EA games r crap. If u like FIFA, u probably havent played PES 5,
Agreed battlefield 2 is good but pales in comparison wid COD and BIA
The only thing good abt EA is gr8 graphics but they have extremely poor gameplay.

moshel

Padawan
man i love EA but the review i gave for godfather is totally neutral without taking into account my love for EA. i never miss playing any of EA game.

ok now abt the good things in the game. as darthvader said, hand-to-hand combat is interesting, u can even grab hold a person and interrogate him of threaten a shopkeeper to give protection money. there are hidden rackets doors to which open once u intimidate the shopkeeper and he gives in to u. which is nice
u can even loot a bank.................now thats cool

the background music and voiceover in all the whole audio is the best thing in this game.

did i mention how the graphics of this game suck bigtime! which is totally unexpected by ea.

well this new strategy of ea is not working, ea is always getting in a hurry to release a new game. but the game sells becos of ea's rep. but how long can it go on.

i played LOTR:BFME II and that game sucks too. very slow. i loved LOTR:BFME I that was a good game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom