PC Game Deals

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I find it great that most new AAA games are not pirated, saving money is not an excuse for piracy.

What I am saying is that buying from sites like g2a is worse than pirating the game since someone else is making the money not the developer.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Fishy site. Has no relation with game publishers or Steam. Also someone made a thread asking about it.
*forum.digit.in/gamerz/197684-queries-about-steam-traders.html

I have bought twice from reapershop. When u buy something from there, a bot in steam adds u to trade the game. So basically, a person has made a website for his trading practices like others do on tf2/dotaoutpost etc.
The game is hence coming from steam :)

afaik they buy games during sales.

Killing Machine
Avoid these sellers in Flipkart and Amazon also. G2A is also the official partner of IVG

Thanks for bringing that up, I forgot to mention that they have infiltrated our Indian marketplaces as well. Poor FK and Amazon.in (currently operating in marketplace mode) don't know what they are dealing with and assuming that G2A is a legit re-seller. What is actually happening is a marketplace supporting another marketplace which they haven't realized yet. :grin_NF:

Killing Machine
why avoid reapershop?
Fishy site. Has no relation with game publishers or Steam. Also someone made a thread asking about it.
*forum.digit.in/gamerz/197684-queries-about-steam-traders.html
I have bought twice from reapershop. When u buy something from there, a bot in steam adds u to trade the game. So basically, a person has made a website for his trading practices like others do on tf2/dotaoutpost etc.
The game is hence coming from steam :)
I can clear that for you guys. Its not a company or anything. It has no association with publisher or Steam. It is run by a guy from Odisha. He is a big time Steam trader just like many of our TDF friends. He has just put up a front-end to make his trades automatic. So buying from him is just like trading with any unknown trader on the internet. I have done business with him over the phone and bank txns about a year ago (bought CS:GO case keys). Now the question - Can we trust him and his site for games? Though he has a decent reputation in the trading community, I would say avoid - because [STRIKE]now you have Steam refunds and anytime he can revoke your costly gifts as well as in case[/STRIKE] of fraudulent transactions as [MENTION=144954]alienempire[/MENTION] mentioned in that thread. Quite possible. My recommendation - avoid!

PS: You can know his name and contact details from his website. I also know what he does, which forums he is active and I have a vague idea of how he is able to sell games slightly cheaper than Indian Steam store price. If I am not wrong he is in TDF as well ;) but not active. Caught him red-handed once trying to self-promote as an outsider. :laughing_NF:

Last edited:

Killing Machine
Wait, he can revoke the gifts?Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk
[STRIKE]Why not? He can request for a Steam refund for his purchase and if you haven't played the game 2 hours or < 15 days, game will be removed from your account. He gets refund.[/STRIKE]
EDIT:Redeemed gifts now have better route for Steam refunds - read this post.

Last edited:

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Why not? He can request for a Steam refund for his purchase and if you haven't played the game 2 hours or < 15 days, game will be removed from your account. He gets refund.
But won't the game be tied to my account rather than his?

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Killing Machine
But won't the game be tied to my account rather than his?
Yes, it is tied to your account. But if original txn is reversed, whoever has the gift or gift activated will lose. :) That's why they brought in the 30 days cooldown period for Steam gifts to avoid such scams. But what our folks do? They just don't care about the cooldown and use email option to send gift to the buyer. If Reapershop is trading gifts to your account (which means gift has no cooldown) instead of sending via email, then it can be considered safe a bit. Still, there is a risk of bank reversal. If he initiates a chargeback on his CC or payment method, then again you will lose your game.

Killing Machine
In the middle of all this, we missed sharing a great game. Free LIMBO for everyone! (ends June 22). Get it and it's yours to keep forever.

LIMBO on Stea

Sent from my RN3

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Yes, it is tied to your account. But if original txn is reversed, whoever has the gift or gift activated will lose. :) That's why they brought in the 30 days cooldown period for Steam gifts to avoid such scams. But what our folks do? They just don't care about the cooldown and use email option to send gift to the buyer. If Reapershop is trading gifts to your account (which means gift has no cooldown) instead of sending via email, then it can be considered safe a bit. Still, there is a risk of bank reversal. If he initiates a chargeback on his CC or payment method, then again you will lose your game.
Now that's just gay

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

actually it was email gift only :sweating_NF:

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
In the middle of all this, we missed sharing a great game. Free LIMBO for everyone! (ends June 22). Get it and it's yours to keep forever.

LIMBO on Stea

Sent from my RN3

Must be promotion for upcoming Inside. I highly recommend this game.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Are you sure redeemed gifts can be refunded? I think not. Well at least it doesn't work on gog. You need the gift receivers consent as well before you can refund your own purchase.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom