PC Game Deals

Inceptionist

Journeyman
So I ordered Civ5 (GOTY) + Brave New World EP and I got regular edition instead of GOTY. And I came to know about it after I have activated the game.

Complained to FK and they said that they have arranged a refund. WTF? The game is now in my Steam library. :-x

Killing Machine
So I ordered Civ5 (GOTY) + Brave New World EP and I got regular edition instead of GOTY. And I came to know about it after I have activated the game.

Complained to FK and they said that they have arranged a refund. WTF? The game is now in my Steam library. :-x
Are you sure no DLCs got activated and just the base game? If they refund, enjoy the free game then :D Are you pissed coz they may not accept the opened package or you think they would go through the pain of contacting the distributors to cancel the key?

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Are you sure no DLCs got activated and just the base game? If they refund, enjoy the free game then :D Are you pissed coz they may not accept the opened package or you think they would go through the pain of contacting the distributors to cancel the key?

Oh they have initiated the refund. And I don't think they'll contact Steam to cancel the key. I'm just pissed cause I didn't get what I paid for. Especially 'Cradle of Civilization' and 'Explorers' map packs.

No exception for great devs? Just one game? U can get it again on steam after two years when price will be 85% off... And it will still be worth it...

Another reason might be, people just buy wherever they find games cheap, i mean why would i pay 3000 for a game which i can get for half the price other place?

Very few gamers pay retail price irrespective of developers, they are mostly early adopters who want the game on Day 1.

Just take a look at gaming community here itself, how many of US buy the game on day 1 and not wait for discount?

Me for personally, wait for reviews from other person and wait for them to share their experiences.
I am NOT an early adopter unless i am pretty confident on the dev team, that they won't disappoint.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

AFAIK ur steam games can be revoked any time as happened with me on some giveaways........

Top Bottom