PC Game Deals

Piyush

Lanaya
True me neither.No one i came across irl ever legitly bought games and when i told them i sometimes do they would freak out.

Wy do you care about what others think.
Suppose you are a game developer and you created your first game for the market. The next thing you see your games are being pirated and you cant do nothing even after knowing this fact. Does it feels good?

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Buy games in sales, they are damn cheap. If some one needs help buying games, you can always contact me (on steam).

Most of the times the games that go on sale in Steam has similarly priced Indian sales in any of the online/local vendors here. The games that do not have a retail sale in India can be considered for steam sales but not the AAA titles.

gameranand

Living to Play
Most of the times the games that go on sale in Steam has similarly priced Indian sales in any of the online/local vendors here. The games that do not have a retail sale in India can be considered for steam sales but not the AAA titles.

No you are wrong there.
I have purchased various titles at much cheaper rate, for example :
Tomb Raider - $4.99
Far Cry 3 - $7.49
Bioshock Triple Pack - $10
and many others like this. If you buy from Steam or Amazon then you end up with bigger savings that for sure.

flyingcow

Shibe
Buy games in sales, they are damn cheap. If some one needs help buying games, you can always contact me (on steam).
oh so you are acid drinker? i saw you in a few CS go matches lol
added you

Look at my steam library :)
*steamcommunity.com/id/psygeist

Legit buyers are not extinct.
didnt realize you were psygiest too lol, had you added...

i have started buying legit games too...but this damn card wont work on steem :'(

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
No you are wrong there.
I have purchased various titles at much cheaper rate, for example :
Tomb Raider - $4.99
Far Cry 3 - $7.49
Bioshock Triple Pack - $10
and many others like this. If you buy from Steam or Amazon then you end up with bigger savings that for sure.

I may be wrong on older titles, but I think the savings is not huge (or there is a loss) for newer titles which come on sale in steam compared to the Indian pricing.

Killing Machine
[Offtopic] TL;DR

TBH, I've been playing for like a decade and half and I have never owned a single legit game except Diablo 2 until I stumbled upon this thread a year ago. So my first thanks would be to OP Skud for the inspiration and converting me into a legit gamer. :wink: In a year, I currently own about 180 odd games in Steam, 10+ in Origin, 4 in uPlay and last but not least most of the titles in Bnet - thanks to you TDF deal hunters, HB, Amazon, nuuvem, GG, GMG.

I too initially thought like who the hell pays for games when you can download it for free coz that is what I have been doing for years. I was wrong. When I spoke about game deals to my colleagues, a lot of them showed interest, few started buying (and keep disturbing me at work for deals :|), few appreciated the effort and few were already legit gamers much before I started buying. Its all about attitude and affordability. IMHO, paying 999 for a single title is still not an affordable thing to an average Indian gamer. (be him/her a salaried employee or one who lives out of his/her dad's pocket). It has to come down further more to attract masses, to make gamers easily afford, supporting the gaming industry as well as to inspire others to become legit.

I can proudly say that I am 100% legit now, I feel so right to be so and I have not pirated a single title since last year :) (no matter how much the anticipation and hype is). I will wait for the game to hit sales or until I feel that the price is acceptable/affordable in my limits. However, I do understand how market works and if you gotta try something new on release, then you gotta pay the price for it and you shouldn't regret about it. (like the hefty price I paid for my D3 RoS CE)

With many of us turning into legit, I feel that 1 can educate/inspire 100 and so on to minimize piracy and I truly believe that we are headed in the right direction. Thanks to TDF and my fellow TD Gamers! You guys rock! :thumbs:

Feel free to add me if I'm not in your list. :)

Same here , but the reason i cant buy is due to parents . I used to buy games around 3-4yrs back but when prices increased, dad refused to buy me them. This year trying to get Watch_Dogs atleast :(

Shiva

flyingcow

Shibe
That was only for 2 hours because community demanded it. You expect me to buy 2 decade old game for just a playdate of 1-2 hrs. Please be reasonable about this.
cmon dude it was a joke...i dont even know if the game sells anywhere

I would love to buy games from steam, but high speeds from bsnl restrict me doing that.
so you buy them locally?

and what is this 3 ULC w/ watchdogs on amazon?
uploadable content? :D

anaklusmos

Youngling
Seriously someone needs to come spread some education in my college about this matter. I know that in an engineering college and as a student I cant expect everyone to go about buying games, but the level of hypocrisy and stupidity is at its heights right now. All my friends and even others who hear about it mock me like anything for buying legit games, when acc to them, they can be downloaded from the LAN sharing for free. No matter when the topic is breached, people start showing off attitude, acting all "cool" as they have "proudly never bought a single game in their life"....... same people who dont think twice before 2-3k on a single meal in a restaurant or pub for drinking away (everyone under legal drinking age BTW).
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Top Bottom