PC Freezes At random intervals

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhasta

Broken In
My pc freezes suddenly and then it goes on freezing at random intervals till i turn off my power.It doesn't even shut down.
My pc is 3-4 months old right now
I have tried the following:
1.Formating the hard disk with another copy of windows xp(for faults in opertaing system files)
2.Changed the RAM(2 GB Kingston)
3.Replaced the hard disk(Seagate 500 GB)

Still the problem is occuring. It occurs anytime may irrespective of what I am doing(playing games,listening to music,surfing etc.)
When I turn on my pc after a long time it works fine for that day.Therefore I am posting the thread at such a time only.(turned on my pc after a long time)

Please Help.
Thank you in advance.

mayurms

Right off the assembly line
I had this experience for like 2 years.

There can be only 2 problems.

Either your hard disk is not working properly or there is an issue with over heating.

In my case, my processor fan used to get blocked with dust and it heated like anything and so it used to freeze all the time.

So make sure the temperature of your CPU, memory or motherboard is low and hard disk is working properly.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
My pc freezes suddenly and then it goes on freezing at random intervals till i turn off my power.It doesn't even shut down.
My pc is 3-4 months old right now
I have tried the following:
1.Formating the hard disk with another copy of windows xp(for faults in opertaing system files)
2.Changed the RAM(2 GB Kingston)
3.Replaced the hard disk(Seagate 500 GB)

Still the problem is occuring. It occurs anytime may irrespective of what I am doing(playing games,listening to music,surfing etc.)
When I turn on my pc after a long time it works fine for that day.Therefore I am posting the thread at such a time only.(turned on my pc after a long time)

Please Help.
Thank you in advance.
Clean up your PC, remove all the dust and provide it good ventilation. Change your PSU and if cabinet allows, put in some fans with proper intake and exhaust pathways.

OP
rhasta

rhasta

Broken In
guys but there is no heating issue with my pc i have checked my fans and cleaned them up. still not getting the problem.

mosestheman

Broken In
first CHECK THE HDD FOR ERRORS..... if some errors are found try using the system for a long time ....
if freezes occur again check the HDD for errors and ATTEMPT the BAD SECTORS CHECK....
it might easily solve the problem.....

u say HDD is replaced did u hear any faint beeps from the HDD .i know it sounds crazy BUT MY HDD REALLY BEEPED .once it beeped the system froze...

did you install same software that you used before ....after replacing hdd....
there might be malware(s).......

at last tell ur PC specs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom