PC for work and light gaming - 30 to 35k

avi996r

Broken In
I am seeking to assemble a dekstop (sans keyboard, mouse and monitor) for around 30-35k. Please also provide a good store in Bangalore which will assemble such a system.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: General purpose - MS Office, some video editing, gaming on low-med resolutions (1366x768) will suffice. Should be able to play NBA 2k16, Fallout 4, Grid 2 etc. Not looking for high resolution settings.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Budget is max 35k which includes UPS

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No, will run everything on stock.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Presently have a Dell 18.5 inch monitor with 1366 x 768 resolution. Not planning to buy a new monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Now

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Would prefer an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Am buying locally in Bangalore

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: As per the guides online, here is a configuration I have shortlisted. Please tell me how good it is.

Budget - 35k

ProcessorIntel i3 41508,500
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardGIGABYTE GA-H81M-S13,750
MemoryCorsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8GB3,150
Graphics CardSapphire Radeon R250 1GB DDR57,500
Power SupplyCorsair VS4502,500
CabinetCircle Gaming Cabinet CC2813,200
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
UPSAPC UPS BX-600C-IN2,000
Total35,100

OP
A

avi996r

Broken In
Forget about gaming though. You'll need atleast a GTX 750Ti for good framerates.

Ok. So I shall update the GPU and go for a basic cabinet. How is this config.
ProcessorIntel i3 41508,500
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardGIGABYTE GA-H81M-S13,750
MemoryCorsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8GB3,150
Graphics CardMSI GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB DDR510,500
Power SupplyCorsair VS4502,500
CabinetZebtronics GRILL Cabinet1,000
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
Total35,900

quicky008

Technomancer
the above config doesn't look bad-however make sure your gpu will fit into this cabinet before making your purchase-some cheaper cabinets being rather small in size cannot accommodate larger graphics cards due to the lack of adequate space inside them.

OP
A

avi996r

Broken In
the above config doesn't look bad-however make sure your gpu will fit into this cabinet before making your purchase-some cheaper cabinets being rather small in size cannot accommodate larger graphics cards due to the lack of adequate space inside them.

Will keep that in mind. With that point, I decided to go in for a small form factor case in order to save space on the desktop. The Cooler Master Elite 130 seems to have the best reviews and looks cool. Only issue, the motherboard H81M, does not have front USB 3.0 connectors, while the case has 2 USB 3.0 front headers. Is there any adapter I can use to connect them, I don't mind having USB 2.0 speed.

Link to the case

*www.amazon.com/dp/B00DJ6A88G/ref=psdc_572238_t2_B00HJOJJ6Q

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will keep that in mind. With that point, I decided to go in for a small form factor case in order to save space on the desktop. The Cooler Master Elite 130 seems to have the best reviews and looks cool. Only issue, the motherboard H81M, does not have front USB 3.0 connectors, while the case has 2 USB 3.0 front headers. Is there any adapter I can use to connect them, I don't mind having USB 2.0 speed.

Link to the case

Amazon.com: Cooler Master Elite 130 No Power Supply Mini-ITX Tower Case, Midnight Black RC-130-KKN1: Computers & Accessorie

get this :
CNCT 19-Pin USB3.0 to USB2.0 Adapter Header Cable: Amazon.in: Electronic

OP
A

avi996r

Broken In
get this :
CNCT 19-Pin USB3.0 to USB2.0 Adapter Header Cable: Amazon.in: Electronic

Thanks. Just realized though, the Cooler Master Elite 130 only supports Mini-ITX motherboards, which I guess are smaller than the micro-ATX board I had listed above.

I have searched online but cannot find any links to Indian websites for LGA1150 compatible boards. Can anyone help and suggest a model. Preferable below 7k for the motherbard.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
MSI B85I Motherboard - MSI : Flipkart.com

or,

Asrock Mini ITX Motherboard LGA1150 Intel® Q87 Chipset IPC Motherboard | eBay

If you get from ebay there's lots of ebay coupons available which will bring down the cost close to 7k and the seller also looks good - if you have any doubt contact the seller before making the purchase.

Anyway, I think this is product page as per image and specs on ebay :
ASRock > IMB-181-

and you need to use laptop ram.

OP
A

avi996r

Broken In
Thanks for all the help guys. I eventually decided to get the system built at Binary World. Got a price quote from Computer Warehouse, MG Road and Binary World.

Here is the configuration I ultimately went with

ProcessorIntel i3 41608,450
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardGIGABYTE GA-B85M-D3H6,200
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz 8GB2,750
Graphics CardZotac GeForce 750Ti 2GB9,950
Power SupplyAntec V450P2,800
CabinetCooler Master N200 4,000
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD3,700
Optical DriveLG DVD R/W1,000
Total40,850

I did overshoot my original budget, but thought it worth it for the components. The B85 motherboard was chosen for the front USB 3.0 headers, and also the fact that this model supports the case fans (there are two in the Cooler Master N200 pre-installed). Will be adding to a 240GB SSD later based on the prices then.

Top Bottom