Pc for My friend-Within 80k

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:He wants the Pc for Gaming,Movies, Browsing

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Within 80k(He cant extend)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Win 7 Pro or ultimate

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1 Tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:A full HD monitor.Maybe 1980x900(If i right about the res)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:None

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:He wants it By this week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:He will get it assembled

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:He will buy locally

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Ok,He wants an I7 Rig.

Last edited:

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
80k for a non overclocking rig? Anyways, here's my suggestion

Component Make Price
CPU Intel Core i7-2600 Processor 16790
Motherboard ASUS P8H67-V 7490
RAM 2 x G.Skill NT DDR3 4 GB 2580
GPU Radeon HD 6950 2 GB 16500
HDD Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 5200
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1112
Case Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced 5300
PSU Seasonic S12II-620 3770
Monitor Benq G222HDL 7400
Keyboard Razer Arctosa 2260
Mouse Razer Death Adder 2250
Mousepad Razer Goliathus - Fragged Alpha 890
Speakers Edifier M3500 4050
UPS APC 800VA 2800
TOTAL 78392

IMO you should advice your friend to go for a 2500k based rig. I really wasted a lot of money on KB, mouse etc to make it cross 75k. If you save that bucks and invest it on the core of the rig, it would make a future-proof (to some extent) killer rig. So OC'ing or not?

Last edited:
OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Dude,No use making him understand..I tried he just cant understand his dad earns millions thats all he says.Blah blah.
Well Make all the keyboard all normal.

ajaymailed

In the zone
80K for desktop? why does he wanna spend so much for PC?

How about 40 to 50K now in Intel Core i5 build. Then spend another 40 to 50K on a new architecture after 3 yrs i.e Successor to Haswell in 2015. That would no doubt easily outperform anything in Sandybridge/Ivy bridge could offer. That way he can future proof with the same 80K budget.
Dude,No use making him understand..I tried he just cant understand his dad earns millions thats all he says.Blah blah.
there are other things to spend on, may be a big screen tv/monitor, home theatre etc to further enhance the gaming/multimedia experience.

what is he actually intending to do with this 80K desktop. i mean what special things does he expect compared to normal everyday pc's.

Last edited:

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
then donate that money to me.. :D

i have i5-2500 proccy..all games running smoothly..don't waste money on i7 unless n until he plans for extreme overclocking. then only i7 extreme cpus come into picture as far as i have seen benchmarks..

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ First he was behind an 90k alienware,He ordered and got it cancled 3 months back,
then an Dell xps of 75k.Now this.
He will Be playing games Like Total War Series,Assassins creed,And maybe Skyrim if he gets it

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ I anyways got a new rig!!Its still in the computer shop :)
So any more corrections for Rigods Config?

Last edited:

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
so lucky do post pics... me still stuck with dual core 1.6ghz and 2gb ddr2 ram with 17inch crt....AND I WISH FOR ALIENWARE......wtf ....

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
but i still love it. reminds me of the summer of 2007 my first pc....but my parents saying no need to update,they will buy me lappy after 12th board !!!

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^ Oh,Then you'll have to wait,Anyways 12th might go v.fast.I guess?
Guys should i tell my friend Rigods Config?

spy king

Broken In
80k for a non overclocking rig? Anyways, here's my suggestion

Component Make Price
PSU Seasonic S12II-620 3770
UPS APC 800VA 2800
TOTAL 78392

IMO you should advice your friend to go for a 2500k based rig. I really wasted a lot of money on KB, mouse etc to make it cross 75k. If you save that bucks and invest it on the core of the rig, it would make a future-proof (to some extent) killer rig. So OC'ing or not?

Hey, Where do you get the Seasonic 620W for 3.7K?

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Hey, Where do you get the Seasonic 620W for 3.7K?

Component Make Price
PSU Seasonic S12II-620 5090
UPS APC 800VA 2800
TOTAL 79712

ajaymailed

In the zone
Guys now he says Alienware X51
why don't you show him Apple Ipad 3, it seems to have gr8 GPU. may be you can convince him to buy it. Its a kool device to showoff to everyone in his college. He definitely cannot carry alienware everywhere he goes.
apple products are so perfect for rich loaded people to waste their money. its definitely a status symbol in India. :lol:

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Dude first of all dont suggest things like Ipad 3 Etc.Suggest what is asked(Sorry).But good knows he to rich,He just likes wasting money.So hes getting this 80k

ajaymailed

In the zone
Dude first of all dont suggest things like Ipad 3 Etc.Suggest what is asked(Sorry).But good knows he to rich,He just likes wasting money.So hes getting this 80k
i was kiddin dont take it otherwise. its just that there are so many different configs possible, Instead of Core i7, may be he can try for Core i5 & Dual GPU or even high end card like HD 6970. He can go for bigger monitor or more powerful speakers to enhance overall experience or high end gaming headphones. what is really expecting 80K PC to do? what special things which a 40 or 50K PC cannot do?

for example, if i had 80K for PC gaming, i would spend most on GPU, prolly get HD 6970, Large Monitor, Powerful Speakers/gaming head phones, decent gaming input devices. rest of cofig will be normal- Core i5, H67 Chipset, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD. I would want my perfect gaming config to provide value for money, future proof, and enhance my visual, audio experience as much as possible.

Core i5 is that kind of VFM Gaming processor. Core i5 2500K + GPU like HD 6970/ GTX 570/HD 7870
will be amazing.
Rest of the money can go to monitor, speakers, input devices, headphone etc, or save some for gaming titles. He also spend more on storage, get an SSD+HDD which will enhance the performance.

Last edited:

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I would suggest these spec.

CPU:INTEL I7 2700K----------20k
MB:ASUS X79 SERIES GEN 3---20k
RAM:16GB DDR3 2300 Mhz-----10k
PSU:GLACIALTECH 950 WATTS OR CORSAIR 1KVA--10k
GPU:HD 7970---36k
HDD:120GB SATA CORSAIR FORCE 3---10k
MONITOR: 24 INCH LED LG or Samsung---10k
Keyboard & Mouse: Razer for extreme gaming----6k. If casual Logitech should be fine.
UPS: If available Home UPS should be suffice. -20k

Pricing would be cross 1lakh. If ready to build a good pc then there is no limit. People who is budget consious then please dont discourage the buyers. Its the end user who decides on the costing he can invest not us. If he is fine investing a bit future proof. It should be fine.

Top Bottom