Aditya Hegde

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Animation( photoshop, maya, zbrush, cinema 4d) and only few racing games like NFS hot pursuit 2, Most wanted 2012.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:55k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:if necessary.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:windows 7 ultimate

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:yes, 21 inch dell full hd

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: i don't need speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: couple of days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: no, will try this time

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Bangalore, SP road i would also consider through flipkart or ebay.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I already had a thread about the same topic a week earlier , unfortunately the thread is closed so I am creating the new one here. I have increased my budget so would like to have better options.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Amd FX 8350 -12700

Asus M5A97 R2.0 -7000

G-skill Ripjaws 8GB 1600MHz -5200

Zotac gtx 650ti 1gb - 10000

WD Caviar Blue 1TB -4000

Corsair 200r cabinet - 3100

Asus 24x black dvd - 1000

Antec Vp450p psu - 2700

Dell S2240l ips led - 8800

Logitech keyboard & mouse Mk200 - 700

Total - 55,000

OP
A

Aditya Hegde

Broken In
thank u guys.... do you think going with 650 ti boost will improve my maya experience( not gaming) .. ( ill have to downgrade my cpu to fx 8320)..

vkl

Cyborg Agent
For Maya AMD firepro cards would be better for viewport.
AutoDesk Maya 2013 GPU Acceleration - Puget Custom Computers
Review: Professional GPUs – Nvidia vs AMD 2011 | CG Channel
Nvidia quadros would be the choice in case one uses V Ray RT.
If MAYA viewport performance is priority then get a professional card than a gaming card.The performance difference is quite significant.
Something like a v4900 or v3900 would be good.

Or if you can manage with relatively slower viewport and gaming is also a priority then get something like fx8350+hd7770 or maybe hd7790 if you can afford.
GPU choice is not going to matter for zbrush,it is CPU-dependent.

OP
A

Aditya Hegde

Broken In
to buy a better graphic card i would have to compromise on the processor.... i will have to go for 8320.... what should I do?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ Buy a HD 7790. Don't buy an nVidia card. Even HD 7750 is going to perform better in Maya Viewports than a GTX 680.

AMD cards are better in Maya. Plus, normal AMD cards will also handle gaming fine. FirePro cards won't be as good for gaming.

A normal AMD card will give you the best of both the worlds.

^ Buy a HD 7790. Don't buy an nVidia card. Even HD 7750 is going to perform better in Maya Viewports than a GTX 680.

AMD cards are better in Maya. Plus, normal AMD cards will also handle gaming fine. FirePro cards won't be as good for gaming.

A normal AMD card will give you the best of both the worlds.

+1 for this. Maya doesnt uses CUDA, rather it uses OpenCL. At OpenCL, amd cards trash Nvidia cards.

OP
A

Aditya Hegde

Broken In
thank u for the suggestion... and about the processors ... i heard that intel performs better in photoshop ... is it true ? also i heard that power usage of the fx series is too high.. will that be a problem?

Last edited:
thank u for the suggestion... and about the processors ... i heard that intel performs better in photoshop ... is it true ? also i heard that power usage of the fx series is too high.. will that be a problem?

> The difference is not apparent unless measured in benchmarks.

> The higher power consumption wouldn't make much difference as the processor is rarely used at 100% capacity.

OP
A

Aditya Hegde

Broken In
okay .. So i will go with fx 8320+ 7790 .... that's gud enough right?
also which brand to go sapphire/xfx/msi? 2gb or 1gb?

Last edited:
Top Bottom