PC for Heavy Web browsing in 50-60k

office_goer

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Heavy Web Browsing
- 70 tabs on Firefox, 80 on Chrome. Need around 200 tabs to be open always (including a few video tabs)
- 20 excel sheets, 20 ppts, 20 word docs, do pds all to be open always
- Need no lag in switching one application to another
- No Games

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: No limits as such. But would not like to waste money. 50k should be good IMO, can spend more

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans:I will planning to wait for Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes, 21 inch. High resolution

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: - NA-

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Should I wait for Skylake launch in India? If not, 2-3 months, otherwise, if Skylake worth it, I will wait

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:An Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Delhi. Planning to Buy from Nehru place, Computer Umpire. Open to suggestions in Nehru Place or Delhi.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans. Should I go for a branded desktop. I will have to buy separate Windows for Rs. 8000 in assembled PC. Will total cost still be very different?

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Intel i5 4440-₹12,500.
MSI H97 PC MATE-₹6,500.
WD blue 1 TB-₹3,500.
Corsair vengeance 1600mhz 16GBx2-₹19,400.
Antec vp500-₹3,000.
Deepcool tesseract-₹2,700.
Sapphire r7 240 1GB GDDR5-₹5000.
Dell S2240L-₹8000.
Logitech mk200 combo-₹800.
Total-₹61,400.

Hrishi

The above configuration will suffice.
Btw , I was curious about 200+ tabs! For monitoring purpose ?

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Heavy Web Browsing
- 70 tabs on Firefox, 80 on Chrome. Need around 200 tabs to be open always (including a few video tabs)
- 20 excel sheets, 20 ppts, 20 word docs, do pds all to be open always
- Need no lag in switching one application to another
- No Games

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: No limits as such. But would not like to waste money. 50k should be good IMO, can spend more

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans:I will planning to wait for Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes, 21 inch. High resolution

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: - NA-

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Should I wait for Skylake launch in India? If not, 2-3 months, otherwise, if Skylake worth it, I will wait

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:An Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Delhi. Planning to Buy from Nehru place, Computer Umpire. Open to suggestions in Nehru Place or Delhi.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans. Should I go for a branded desktop. I will have to buy separate Windows for Rs. 8000 in assembled PC. Will total cost still be very different?

what you require is like atleast 32 gb of ram.............

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have 1000+ tabs open in my browser but usually only 40-50 tabs are active(rest are there but not loaded).i do use noscript addon to achieve it as script consumes ram & i have only 3.5gb(4gb ram on 32bit windows).my browser ram consumption on an avg is around 1gb with these & i have hit 1.5-1.6gb ram consumption by browser after which it always crash :D .if you are planning on opening 200 tabs all loaded with no script blocking then you should get at least 1gb ram but if you use noscript in firefox then i think you can manage with 8gb.in any case you must get a single 8gb ram stick & after that if you still feel the need go for another 8gb ram stick.do not waste your money on branded desktop & if you can wait for 2-3 months then do wait for skylake.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
i have 1000+ tabs open in my browser but usually only 40-50 tabs are active(rest are there but not loaded).i do use noscript addon to achieve it as script consumes ram & i have only 3.5gb(4gb ram on 32bit windows).my browser ram consumption on an avg is around 1gb with these & i have hit 1.5-1.6gb ram consumption by browser after which it always crash :D .if you are planning on opening 200 tabs all loaded with no script blocking then you should get at least 1gb ram but if you use noscript in firefox then i think you can manage with 8gb.in any case you must get a single 8gb ram stick & after that if you still feel the need go for another 8gb ram stick.do not waste your money on branded desktop & if you can wait for 2-3 months then do wait for skylake.
i5 is enough 3rd gen plus, also i have 8 gb ram atm i know how hard it is , i have to open firefox in safe mode always........

OP
O

office_goer

Broken In
Intel i5 4440-₹12,500.
MSI H97 PC MATE-₹6,500.
WD blue 1 TB-₹3,500.
Corsair vengeance 1600mhz 16GBx2-₹19,400.
Antec vp500-₹3,000.
Deepcool tesseract-₹2,700.
Sapphire r7 240 1GB GDDR5-₹5000.
Dell S2240L-₹8000.
Logitech mk200 combo-₹800.
Total-₹61,400.

Great. Thanks a lot
Couple of my queries-
1. Should I wait for Skylake launch later this year?
2. Cost of buying Windows 8 on own vs branded PC where I load extra RAM. What will you guys suggest?

200 tabs- bcz I read a lot, invest in stocks and have lot interests!

Thanks!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you can wait for skylake then do so but note that it will not have any major advantage for your current usage.branded pc is a waste of money for home users especially for those living in big cities like delhi,mumbai etc.you can buy win 8 separately also.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You can maybe buy only 1 16 GB ram stick now and use the money saved for buying windows. Then you can buy another 16 GB ram stick later if you require it.

OP
O

office_goer

Broken In
For wifi do I need to add extra card or it is there in motherboard? Which one should I get and what is the estimated price? Similarly, is there any other extra item that is not usually included in basic pc configuration

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
For wifi do I need to add extra card or it is there in motherboard? Which one should I get and what is the estimated price? Similarly, is there any other extra item that is not usually included in basic pc configuration

For Wifi you need to add a Wifi Card like this one: D-link DWA-525 Wireless PCI Express Adapter @ 775 :D-Link DWA-525 Wireless 150 Usb Adaptor (Black): Buy Online at Best Price | Snapdeal

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 50k

ProcessorIntel Core i5 444012,500
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO
MotherboardMSI H97 PC Mate6,500
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury DDR3 16GB(8GBx2) 1600MHz7,600
Graphics CardSapphire R7 240 1GB DDR55,000
Power SupplyAntec VP500PC3,300
CabinetCorsair SPEC-013,600
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus 24D3ST DVDRW1,000