Serial Killer7

Happy Birthday
HI Everyone.I need a new system for my work.
I am a video editor and going to buy new system within a week.
my previous pc had become painfully slow and i have sold it off.
I need a strictly performance system and nothing fancy.
I regularly use CineFX,Pinnacle studios,TMPGEne Xpress,AVS video editor,Avid ds nitris etc..
My budget is 160k can extend upto 175k.
So please help me in this regard.
So DIFFICULT to ask a query!capital of tirana,russian language,1857 revolt?WTF am not any GK Book to answer these.
put something simple so that a common man could answer.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Get this rig which is more than enough for everything-
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i7 2600k|15900
CPU Cooler |Noctua NH-D14|4800
Motherboard |ASUS P8Z68 V PRO|13500
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM|5400
Graphic Card |MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC * 2 Crossfire|32000
SSD |OCZ 120 GB Agility 3 SATA III|12500
HDD |Seagate 1TB 7200.12|2700
DVD Writer | LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |Seasonic X 850|9500
Case |Lian Li Lancool PC-K63|7600
Monitor |DELL Ultrasharp U2311H|14000
Mouse |Razer Imperator|3000
Sound Card |ASUS Xonar DX|4200
Keyboard |Logitech G110|3000
Mouse Pad |Razer Goliathus Dragon Age II Edition|900
UPS |APC 1.1KVA|4300
Speakers |Logitech Z-506|5000
| Total |139200

serialkiller7 said:
I need a strictly performance system and nothing fancy.
Any rig at that budget will be fancy :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You made my day!!

Even I was so frustrated by these questions. Only google can answer these :-D:grin::grin:
Please dont post offtopic stuff like that. Its against the rules

Consider this a warning

Last edited:
OP
Serial Killer7

Serial Killer7

Happy Birthday
Thank you techfreak.
I dont want anykind of lag in my system.Can extend my budget upto 175k.
Do you know any reputed shop in banglore where i can get all these.
Thank you

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st of all, drop the idea of Crossfire....thetechfreak, the config you have given is a high end gaming config, not a Editing config. Multi-GPU solution does not boost Editing or renderring performance and even a gaming GPU is not at all recommended as for for editing and rendering work a Workstation Gfx card is highly recommended. SImilarly CPU cooler is also not needed as Oceing is not required for Editing Machine. SImilarly high performance rams are also not needed. SImilarly remove the gaming Mouse and keyboard

Here is my suggestion:-

Core i7 2600K @ 16K
MSI Z68A-GD65 @ 10.6K
Gskill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL PC3-12800 2 X 4 GB Kit @ 3.9K
ATI Firepro 5800 Workstation card @ 26.5K
Razer Cyclosa Keyboard & Mouse Bundle @ 2.1K

Rest of the config is good.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
1st of all, drop the idea of Crossfire....thetechfreak, the config you have given is a high end gaming config, not a Editing config. Multi-GPU solution does not boost Editing or renderring performance and even a gaming GPU is not at all recommended as for for editing and rendering work a Workstation Gfx card is highly recommended. SImilarly CPU cooler is also not needed as Oceing is not required for Editing Machine. SImilarly high performance rams are also not needed. SImilarly remove the gaming Mouse and keyboard

Core i7 2600K @ 16K
MSI Z68A-GD65 @ 10.6K

Update
Gskill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL PC3-12800 2 X 4 GB Kit @ 3.35K

D

Deleted member 118788

SImilarly CPU cooler is also not needed as Oceing is not required for Editing Machine.

Core i7 2600K @ 16K
MSI Z68A-GD65 @ 10.6K

Then Why Z68 & K Series Processor?

Cilus

laborare est orare
I can understand your concern about the K series processor, but why Z68 mobo...this is kinda noob question. Do one thing...start to think the features of Z68 chipset one by one and check the requirement of OP, mainly kind of applications he has mentioned, you will get it.
Since the budget permits me to add a K series processor, the best desktop processor available, I have added it in the config.

D

Deleted member 118788

^^ Why Not H67 Why Z68 if he is not overclocking?

OP
Serial Killer7

Serial Killer7

Happy Birthday
Which system to go for?one given techfreak or cilus?
and what are these h67 and z68?
please give me one best system.
also suggest some reputed shops to buy all those hardware in banglore.
Will somebody help me to get rid of those crazy questions?it is asking me every time i post?please.
Thanks

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
perfect place to throw in SSDs in the setup, editing rigs require that speed, and maybe a RAID based back up system as well... also 1TB will get filled up pretty soon raw video files are heavy
@Serial Killer7: Is 23" enough screen real estate for you, your budget can handle at least one 30" screen, unless you prefer working on dual-screens. the suggestions by Cilus make sense.
and yeah he needs better cores more than he needs a better GPU

OP
Serial Killer7

Serial Killer7

Happy Birthday
Thank you Anorion.
I dont know anything about these hardwares. what are those ssd and raid?
Yes I would like work on two screens.
Please could you give a complete list of those hardwares with thier prices again.
and please suggest any reputed shops to purchase those in banglore.
thank you

Cilus

laborare est orare
Which system to go for?one given techfreak or cilus?
and what are these h67 and z68?
please give me one best system.
also suggest some reputed shops to buy all those hardware in banglore.
Will somebody help me to get rid of those crazy questions?it is asking me every time i post?please.
Thanks

Lets clear your doubts first...

Current intel Core ix (x is 3, 5, 7) are based on Sandy Bridge architecture, best till now. All of them are having IGP integrated inside the CPU die. So the IGP is in processor now, not in the motherboard.
i3 based models are dual core with Hyper threading enabled. So it can process 4 Threads simultaneously leading 10% to 25% performance improvement compared to a dual core processor without HT in heavily multi-threaded applications. Example is Core i3 2100. They comes with HD 2000 graphics

i5 based processors are True quad core processors but they have their HT disabled and can process 4 threads simultaneously. But due to the extra two physical cores comapred to the logical cores of i3, they offer superb (read Unbeatable) performance in budget. Examples are i5 2300, i5 2400, 2400K. They are mainly targetted to Gaming oriented system. They comes with HD 2000 graphics but run at higher than that of a Core i3.

i7 based processors are true quad core processors with their HT or Hyper Threading enabled. So you get 4 physical and 4 logical cores, resulting processing of 8 threads simultaneously. As a result in highly multithreaded applications like Designing, Audio/Video encoding, rendering, they offer simply unbeatable performance. i7 2600 and 2600K is the only two i7 processor available now. They come with HD 3000 series graphics, better than HD 2000.

K and Non-K processors: both i5 and i7 series processors come with K and non K version for a perticular model, like i5 2400 and i5 2400K and i7 2600 and i7 2600K. K series has unlocked multiplier and can be overclocked by just increasing multiplier value to offer better performance. But even for enabling oveclocking K series processors, you need specialized motherboard chipset, namely P67 and Z68.

H67, P67 and Z68 chipset:
1. H67 chipsets are actually designed for Non-K series processors and they are well suited for normal day to day configs. It offers On-boad Video output. So you can use the integrated IGP of the plugged processor. Although you can plug a K processor like 2500K or 2600K in it, H67 does not allow overclocking.

2. P67 is the bigger brother of H67 as they offer overclocking of K series processor. But they lack the onboard Display output and when plugged into P67 based mobo, the IGP of Sandybridge processors will be disabled. You always need a discreate graphcis card for it.

3. Z68 is actually best of the P67 and H67 chipset. It allows you to use the on-board GPU of the Sandy-bridge processor as well as allows overclocking of the K series processors.
It also offers some additional features like Switchable Graphics between IGP and dedicated card and SSD caching where a small size SSD can be used as a buffer between Ram and HDD to improve performance up to 4 times higher than a standrad HDD.

thetechfreak's suggestion is actually a high end gaming system, not for what you want. So I suggested you a config for workstatio based needs.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
+1 for Rig suggested by Cilus.For editing and others stuffs his suggested rig is more beneficial.

OP
Serial Killer7

Serial Killer7

Happy Birthday
@Cilus
Thank you for all that info.
after reading all that,i think i need i7 and z68.
and i would like to have 2 screens.
would you please relay all those things along with thier prices in a list please.
TELL ME SOME REPUTED SHOP TO BUY THOSE IN BANGLORE.
Thank you

D

Deleted member 118788

Here's My Suggestion.

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i7 2600|14600
Motherboard |Asus P8H67-M EVO|8500
RAM |Gskill Gskill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL|3300
Graphic Card |ATI Firepro v5800 Workstation card|26500
SSD |OCZ 220GB REVODRIVE X2 PCI-EXPRESS SSD|25700
HDD |Seagate 1TB 7200.12 X Raid 0|5400
DVD Writer | Asus DVD Writer|1000
PSU |Corsair TX850 V2|6800
Case |Lian Li Lancool PC-K63|7600
Monitor |Asus PA246Q|31000
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech Media Combo MK200|700
UPS |APC 1.1KVA|4300
Speakers |Logitech Z-506|5000
| Total |140100

Cilus

laborare est orare
Silent Killer, if you need two Display, then get two 22" display, each with 1920X1080 or Full HD resolution. My suggestion is get BenQ G2222 LED @ 8.35K each, total of 16.7K

Another 2 TB HDD will be better here as backup storage. It will be priced @ 2.6K + tax.

Geek-With-Lens, while building a config, you should concentrate on the combination of all components performance, not just one. The inclusion of a 250 GB SSD @ 26K is simply unacceptable, even if it is coming within the budget.

SSD is normally used to install OS and the frequently used applications so that they can perform faster, they are not used for mass storage. If you do a little research then you'll find out 200 GB or much higher capacity SSDs are used in NAS servers where multiple Clients are connected to it, for better response.

A 120 GB SSD is fine here as Windows 7 64 bit will need 40 GB to 50 GB of free space and rest of the space can be utilized to install the mostly used apps, required for OPs work

D

Deleted member 118788

^^ OK Accepted But He Should Add IPS Monitor For This Type of Work.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^if the SSD space is for the operating system, applications, and disk space for the software, I 120 GB SSD is barely enough for the software OP said hed use, he can install the OS on a regular hard drive, but he'll require the 250 if he plans to use the Adobe suite apart from these, both the SSD and the RAID are based on the OPs usage, so this still may not be essential at all,
RAID is automatic backup for your data, so a 1TB RAID HDD is actually a 2TB drive, two copies of your data get saved instead of one. You may or may not require this.
The 22" are good as long as they are in the widescreen aspect ratio, which is more suitable for editing jobs... the Benqs are as good as the Dells / IPS as far as these jobs go
good workstation GPU suggestion, but I think thats still a little on the excessive side, and so is the monitor
about the DVD writer, OP may need more than one
I donno about the PSU either, maybe it needs to be upgraded to support a lot of extra hardware, theres gonna be all kinds of stuff thats gonna connect with this rig (two monitors to start with, bunch of optical drives)
my suggestions for the config: throw in another TB of non-backed up memory for non-essential tasks, another monitor, a lower grade graphics card, and a more reasonable SSD config if possible,

Cilus

laborare est orare
Corsair TX 850 V2 is enough to handle the rig and Monitors don't take power from SMPS.

Top Bottom