PC doesnt turn on most of the times.. :(

giprabu

In the zone
I'm posting this on behalf of my uncle..

The problem is, the system doesnt turn on most of the times. Instead only a single green led glows on the motherboard.

* When i tried replugging all the connections, it worked worked (got switched on) for 2-3 times and failed to turn on..

*If i try starting it after 2hrs by leaving it idle till then without any power supply, it again works for another 2-3 times..

*Every morning on the first attempt, it works, but it only lasts for 2-3 start ups..

*** I even checked by removing the power switch's connection on the motherboard and shorted in manually, still no use..

pc config:

core2duo, intel mobo, 500+160 SATA hdd, 2gig ddr3, 450w psu (prime source technology).

Where could be the problem guys..?:sad:

the system is less than a year old and is still under warranty. .

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
then its the faulty PSU?
generally cheap brand PSU dies quickly....
so replace the PSU with a good one....

problem: the capacitors r leaking or faulty...

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
no fan is spinning dude.. but once all the connections are removed and replugged after a few hours, everything works fine until the pc is manually shutdown..

Zangetsu

no fan is spinning dude.. but once all the connections are removed and replugged after a few hours, everything works fine until the pc is manually shutdown..

see..i faced this problem too with my old p4 system...

if PSU fan is not spining than its a PSU problem
bcoz initially on power on PSU starts & give power to all components

Zangetsu

^^bcoz the led requires very less amount of current....& so a minute amount of current is needed for it...

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
It may be either the psu or mb or both take it to the service center first change the psu and
if the problem persists the the MB

Also before doing this dissemble all ur components and assemble outside the cabinet and power on if everything is working fine outside the cabinet then it is a case of short MB common if u r using a cheap cabinet then u have to install the MB with plasic spacers &
washers also update the Bios of the MB please do these before changing anything if u r in luck
u prob will be sorted out

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
^^bcoz the led requires very less amount of current....& so a minute amount of current is needed for it...

checked with changing the psu.. the problem persists...:sad:

It may be either the psu or mb or both take it to the service center first change the psu and
if the problem persists the the MB

Also before doing this dissemble all ur components and assemble outside the cabinet and power on if everything is working fine outside the cabinet then it is a case of short MB common if u r using a cheap cabinet then u have to install the MB with plasic spacers &
washers also update the Bios of the MB please do these before changing anything if u r in luck
u prob will be sorted out

but it was working very fine without any probs for 6 full months..:?:

Top Bottom