PC Configuration suggestion under Rs 22,000 for a gaming center..

Th3_1

Broken In
Hi all. Need your help.. This time for my 4th gaming center in Kolkata (20 PCs + 6-8 PS4s).. Looking forward to your expert opinions

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Solely Gaming, at a maximum resolution of 1366x768 or 1440x900. Games like Dota 2, Call of Duty–Modern Warfare 2 & 3, Counter-Strike Source & Global Offensive, Fifa 13, Batman-Arkham City.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Rs 22,000 per PC (Have a total budget of Rs 4,50,000 for 20 PCs.)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows XP or 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 GB max

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. Screen size - 18.5” or 19” max. Resolution - 1366x768 or 1440x900.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Yes. I do not require UPSs, DVD writers or External Speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within the next 30 days.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, have built many systems.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata. Yes, would prefer to buy locally. Yes, if service center is located in Kolkata.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Motherboards must have Gigabit LAN. Want to stick with AMD (CPU & GPU) which I have been using in all my other centers without problems. Find them more VFM.

OP
T

Th3_1

Broken In
Guys your expert opinions are eagerly awaited. Please help with the config. Need to finalise and buy the components in a week..
Thanks

OP
T

Th3_1

Broken In
Yes.. Have to stick to the budget:-(
How do you guys feel about this:
APU A4-5300
MSI FM2-A55M-E33
HD6670

ankush28

Bazinga
Pentium G2010
Gigabyte GA-H61-D3H
Sapphire radeon HD 6670 DDR5
Corsair 4GB value select 1333 MHz CL9 ram
AOC 931SWL 18.5" monitor
Local cabinet
Antec BP300 PSUs
Logitech K200 or K120
Lenovo M6811
Philips SHS 390
WD blue 500GB

Consider adding good gaming mices too as peoples like that too much

this will go around 23-24k but you will surely get few discount as this would be really a huge purchase

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ The above configuration is perfect for a Cybercafe gaming system. Since OP will be buying a bilk of those components (20+), I think he will get pretty good discount on parts and overall cost will be 21K per PC

OP
T

Th3_1

Broken In
I really want to stick with AMD guys because we have been using the same in all our other cafes. Please can you suggest AMD..?

ankush28

Bazinga
but @ 3K processor Pentium G2010 is best A4 is tooo away from it in comparision so sorry no amd rig in same budget

As you are going to have a discrete class gpu HD 6670 DDR5 so no sence seems in suggesting an APU , also Hybrid crossfireX is not good option IMO so better stick with pentium else FX 4300.

In APU the maximum you will get is A10-6800K but still its IGP is far behind HD 6670DDR5

Cilus

laborare est orare
At your budget, Intel Pentium Dual Core + Dedicated low mid range GPU is the best solution. AMD does not have any processor at sub 4K range which can compete against a 3rd Gen Pentium Dual Core. Here you need to choose an AMD Richland based APU like A8-6600K which offers a Quad core Processor and a discrete level (Like HD 5570) Integrated GPU.

Top Bottom