PC configs, questions and suggestions .

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

sagsall4u

Journeyman
Let mine be the first ...

what do you think of this rig i've come up .

AMD 3000+ (939)
Asus K8N-DEL
Transcend DDR 400 512 MB ram
seagate 80GB
Sony DVD rom
Acer 715 17"
Compromate PVR/FM Tuner card
which graphix card should i get
XFX 5200 64MB OR XFX 5200 256MB OR FX 5700LE 128MB OR something else for a budget price of 4000 to 5000.
Any kind of suggestions are welcome . pls help me out
I need this PC for gaming and entertainment as wathing movies and playing songs .. and some small softwares like corel , photoshop and pagemaker ... will this rig be good for games like HL2 even if at 800*600

OP
S

sagsall4u

Journeyman
o.k

this post wasnt rwally meant for prices b as it is in a Q n A section geddit...
i want suggestions on the rig i've come up you havent really helpedd me a bit ..
anyways if you need prices here they are ... in the same order
6000 (hmmm)
and the cards
4100 or 4800 or 5100

happy

crashuniverse

In the zone
Why do ppl hate Intel ones. Instead try a combination of intel 3.2 GHz n Intel 925G series mainboard.
and sorry i dont have the exact price list. but a small diff in price doesnt matter. what matters is performance.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Bcoz... intel sucks big time ... morever it was bad performer in Digit reveiws recently!!!

If you can purchase the Better stuff from the same price,... every rational person would suggest that!!!

@sagsall4u

Take XFX 5200 64MB....its a good graphics card.

OP
S

sagsall4u

Journeyman
INTEL IS NO GOOD

crashuniverse said:
Why do ppl hate Intel ones. Instead try a combination of intel 3.2 GHz n Intel 925G series mainboard.
and sorry i dont have the exact price list. but a small diff in price doesnt matter. what matters is performance.

intel isint good for gamers coz its pipelines are n tooo long if you dont get this then quit praising intel coz they are gonna go out of this market in 12 years

OP
S

sagsall4u

Journeyman
rollcage said:
Bcoz... intel sucks big time ... morever it was bad performer in Digit reveiws recently!!!

If you can purchase the Better stuff from the same price,... every rational person would suggest that!!!

@sagsall4u

yeah thats what i thought too but the digit ppl gave a silver to that card in their reviews and a gold to the 265 MB one and there is just a price diff of 800 rs .... so....

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@sagsall4u
hey buddy you have made a mistake...how can you use a 939 pin processor on a 754 pin board ? Asus does not have any K8N-Del board for the 939 pin proccy.

Check at
*www.asus.com/products2.aspx?l1=3&l2=15

for the 939 proccy go for the Asus A8N-E board.

and guyz a lil bit of advice ...instead of fighting over intel and amd read the posts properly and increase ur knowledge.

now regarding your grafix card among your choices i think u shud go for the 5700 ... try getting an ultra version rather then le .. i think ultra might be available at around 6k as now the vanilla 6600 is available for around 7k. check the prices of all models mentioned. and go for gainward/xfx/leadtek cards. and finally dont worry about hl2 , it is not as resource hungry as doom 3 and i was able to play it comfortably at 1024*768 with medium settings on my machine. see my config below.

escape7

What? Where? How?
rollcage said:

@sagsall4u

U believe what these digit guys say in their reviews.

I've been using intel since the last 4 years(processor & motherboard).
No problem so far & these guys have regularly been giving drivers for the products.

OP
S

sagsall4u

Journeyman
what a blunder that was

mohit said:
@sagsall4u
hey buddy you have made a mistake...how can you use a 939 pin processor on a 754 pin board ? Asus does not have any K8N-Del board for the 939 pin proccy.

Check at
*www.asus.com/products2.aspx?l1=3&l2=15

for the 939 proccy go for the Asus A8N-E board.

and guyz a lil bit of advice ...instead of fighting over intel and amd read the posts properly and increase ur knowledge.

now regarding your grafix card among your choices i think u shud go for the 5700 ... try getting an ultra version rather then le .. i think ultra might be available at around 6k as now the vanilla 6600 is available for around 7k. check the prices of all models mentioned. and go for gainward/xfx/leadtek cards. and finally dont worry about hl2 , it is not as resource hungry as doom 3 and i was able to play it comfortably at 1024*768 with medium settings on my machine. see my config below.

hey thx mohit .. that was stupid on my side actually i was thinking of getting the 2800+ and that mobo . but i changed my mind to the 939 pin proccessor hence the mistake . now i'm thinking of new options thanks 4 ur suggestions

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
escape7 said:
rollcage said:

@sagsall4u

U believe what these digit guys say in their reviews.

I've been using intel since the last 4 years(processor & motherboard).
No problem so far & these guys have regularly been giving drivers for the products.

Rather you are somehow true about digit guys,.. they didnt include a good budget board ASUS K8N.

Dear dont take personally..

I have been using AMD for more than 5 years now.. same is with me

But the new P4 processors are not recommended bcoz... they get so hot

read this

[url]*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20934[/url]

you will know the reason.

OP
S

sagsall4u

Journeyman
which mobo would pair better interms of perfomance and price
1.) MSi RS480 m2
or
2.)ASUS nforce 4 sli platinum with pci-e

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@sagsall4u
both these boards are in different leagues.. the rs480 is a very good value for moeny board and has good onboard vga ... the a8n sli deluxe is for u if u want the best perfomance in games using a set of sli cards. another advantage of the sli board is support for sata 2 and amd dual core processors (by a bios update).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom