PC config help needed..regarding PSU

desijoker

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: For my father..so browsing, MS office, HD movies,music,etc

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 10k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Nope...

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7/Win 8.1

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I already have one.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Nope..already have a 22inch monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have 500gb HDD, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, DVD RW

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore...local shops or online store.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I have thought to use the following components :

Pentium G2020@2.9Ghz
Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 or D2H
2Gb DDR3 RAM..thinking Corsair..any advice?
PSU: Corsair VS350 350 Watt or Local PSU along with cabinet?

If I go for local PSU along with a cabinet I will saving around 1.2K..
So my concern is , is the above config fine ? Should I go for a branded costlier PSU or local PSU?

Any help is really appreciated..

Thank You.

Alok

Adventurer
Branded one. Go for corsair. As you already in Bangalore. ..you won't have any problem regarding rma.

OP
D

desijoker

Broken In
S1 model doesnt have HDMI...and with just 200 bucks if i am getting an hdmi port then i would go for it..dont you guys think?

OP
D

desijoker

Broken In
Hi friends, I ordered d2h motherboard @3.6k...corsair 350w smps @1.9k, gskill 2gb ram @ 1.5k..all the item got delivered.. Will be buying g2020 from local store. I am thinking on cutting cost in cabinet.. At present I have 2005 hp Pavilion cabinet in gr8 condition.. But I dunno will I face any problem with it or not..

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hi friends, I ordered d2h motherboard @3.6k...corsair 350w smps @1.9k, gskill 2gb ram @ 1.5k..all the item got delivered.. Will be buying g2020 from local store. I am thinking on cutting cost in cabinet.. At present I have 2005 hp Pavilion cabinet in gr8 condition.. But I dunno will I face any problem with it or not..

congrats :) post pics too...
you can use that cabinet.

you should have got antec bp300p though.

OP
D

desijoker

Broken In
congrats :) post pics too...
you can use that cabinet.

you should have got antec bp300p though.

antec bp300p was not available anywhere online and in sp road here in bangalore! it was available on ebay for 2.4k..i thought corsair can be trusted, and it was 350W(not a big difference though) and cheap. I really hope it is worth the price i paid instead of going for a local smps :)

Top Bottom