PC components upgrade

Reloaded

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:For gaming. All latest upcoming games. eg fallout 4

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: don't require hard drive.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Any good monitor don't have the size and resolution. 21.5'' preferred.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HD, cabinet, power supply, keyboard and mouse , DVD drive.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Now or when i get the desired config.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will do it.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I will buy it online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: This is my config now, will i be able to use the same cabinet and power supply?
*i.imgur.com/LxxZFYX.jpg
Motherboard intel dg41rq.

Thanks for ur inputs

- - - Updated - - -

These are the components i have choosen. Is it good? :razz:

*i.imgur.com/XIYQHUc.jpg
*i.imgur.com/U0kzQmk.jpg

Attachments

• LxxZFYX.jpg
    LxxZFYX.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 135

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 50k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i5 4440
Motherboard
Gigabyte B85M-D3H
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz
Graphics CardAsus Strix GTX 960 2GB OC
Power SupplyAntec VP500PC
SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SSD
Monitor
Dell S2240L 21.5" LED IPS
Total

dpluvuall

Broken In
Dude i just received almost the same components but with cheaper price. The proccy will arrive tomorrow.

Processor Intel Core i5 4440 @11,999
Motherboard Gigabyte B85M-D3H @6,000
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4GB 1866MHz @3,682
Power Supply Antec VP500PC @3,249

got 500 casback points @ HDFC Card
got 500rs coupon (Snapdeal/freecharge), BTW snapdeal is fooling a bit on their so called 500 rs discount read the terms carefully and PM me if u need help.
+ 2% cashback on total purchase through Cash KARO.

Also to note that they send me Gigabyte B85M-D3H-A against Gigabyte B85M-D3H.

Does any one know any difference between the two or their release date, i didn't found anything significant online.

BTW @ bssunilreddy config is good as per your requirement. Also buy gtx 960 against 750ti.
you can then play on best settings. otherwise you will have to compromise some quality.

Last edited:
OP
R

Reloaded

In the zone
[MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] [MENTION=125088]dpluvuall[/MENTION] thanks for your suggestions.

Is there any successor to Dell S2240L 21.5" LED IPS? , S2240L is popular but its outdated i think.

- - - Updated - - -

Can i use my old cabinet. This is the image of the behind , will the motherboard fit in it? Total width of cabinet is 17cm.
cabinet is good as new

*i.imgur.com/bUZjc0A.jpg

Gigabyte B85M-D3H befind view
*i.imgur.com/8DlIU4r.jpg

Last edited:

dpluvuall

Broken In
Either you asked the incorrect question or i might not be getting what u mean.

While assuming if the MB can fit in your cabinet. the answer is yes if your cabi support mATX.
whether you should use an old cabi depends upon the condition too like airflow, fans etc.
i think the size of back panel is standard in cabinets.
The Gigabyte B85M-D3H MB will provide the stencil for the panel which u can fit there.

OP
R

Reloaded

In the zone
*i.imgur.com/uFboBCn.jpg

iBall Entry Level i6363 Cabinet (USB + Audio) from iBall | Computer Cases | computers-laptops-and-tablets | HomeShop18.com

This is my current cabinet. Is it good or will i have to buy new one...?
Thanks for ur suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys Is there any successor to Dell S2240L 21.5" LED IPS? , S2240L is popular but its outdated i think.

mitraark

Decrepit
HP Fi/Xi 21.5 and 23.5 Monitors are being recommended nowadays, its a bit on the steeper side of pricing but it's worth it,people say.

LG IPS panels at >12k might also be worth a look.

OP
R

Reloaded

In the zone
Guys i need a monitor which is non glossy. I search for benq but none of then has ips pannel. Can you guys suggest on lastet and good one.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Guys i need a monitor which is non glossy. I search for benq but none of then has ips pannel. Can you guys suggest on lastet and good one.

Dell S2216H 22" LED IPS -8,300.

Link:Dell S2216H 54.61 cm (21.5) Monitor( New Model Of Dell S2240L) - Buy Dell S2216H 54.61 cm (21.5) Monitor( New Model Of Dell S2240L) Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal

Last edited:
Top Bottom