Pc components running too hot. Advice needed!

bubusam13

Human
Hi Guys,

My AMD FX 6300 is running at 67 degree C at idle and GPU near to 80 degree. PC even shuts down due to overheating. I applied Artic Silver 5 which helped in bringing CPU temperature to about 50 and I have removed the GPU default cooler and attached a CPU cooler to it, which reduced it's temperature to about 58 degree at idle. I have disabled cool n quite to save my CPU from burning out but these are all temporary Jugad (solutions).
I need a CPU cooler. Please suggest something within 2.5K.
Attached below is a graphical diagram of my chassis with the fan openings. Please suggest where to attach fans and in what direction.
*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/MYPCSTRUCTURE_zpsc7e2fa57.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
best cpu cooler in 2.5-3k range is cooler master hyper212evo but it requires 160mm of space(mentioned in cabinet specifications as max cpu cooler height/compatibility).

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Hyper 212 evo is not available in the market. I cabinet is Bitfenix Merc Alpha, presently top fan Intake, rear exhaust

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
look for hyper 212X. get a front intake fan.it will help in cooling you hdd too. bottom fan should be intake. make top fan as exhaust.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
How are these, they look awesome

Buy Online Asus Silent Knight AL 92mm CPU Cooler in India

Buy Online Core-Contact freezer 120mm CPU Cooler in India
and
Buy Online Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme CPU Cooler in India

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
dont go for a cooler with 92mm fans at this budget. the second one looks good especially for its price. you may look at various reviews before getting into a conclusion.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi Guys,

My AMD FX 6300 is running at 67 degree C at idle and GPU near to 80 degree. PC even shuts down due to overheating. I applied Artic Silver 5 which helped in bringing CPU temperature to about 50 and I have removed the GPU default cooler and attached a CPU cooler to it, which reduced it's temperature to about 58 degree at idle. I have disabled cool n quite to save my CPU from burning out but these are all temporary Jugad (solutions).
I need a CPU cooler. Please suggest something within 2.5K.
Attached below is a graphical diagram of my chassis with the fan openings. Please suggest where to attach fans and in what direction.
*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/MYPCSTRUCTURE_zpsc7e2fa57.jpg

Get this cooler and add a 2nd fan for a push-pull setup.It will be enough for you.

Link:Cooler Master Hyper 212X Cooler - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com

Also add a 120mm x5 fans -(550x5)=2750. (As shown above in the spoiler)

On the fans there will be a small arrow showing which way they blow.So place the Front and Bottom fans as Intake fans & place the Top and Rear fans as Exhaust fans.

Hyper 212 evo is not available in the market. I cabinet is Bitfenix Merc Alpha, presently top fan Intake, rear exhaust

That won't do anyting good. The cool air from top intake fan will be quickly expelled by rear exhaust fan. Get a front and side intake fan and make the top fan as exhaust.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Hi Guys, thanks for your advice. Is this cooler not good ? *www.digit.in/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=*www.primeabgb.com/tuniq-tower-120-extreme-cpu-cooler.html

It looks good though.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
here is my setup hope it helps ......
*i.imgur.com/I4rXDjN.png?1

- - - Updated - - -

normal temps are 50 at max........

gpu only goes to 70 on load (100%) then afterwards comes down to 35........

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Guys, thanks for your advice. Is this cooler not good ? *www.digit.in/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=*www.primeabgb.com/tuniq-tower-120-extreme-cpu-cooler.html

It looks good though.
reviews seems good...........

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
why use 1 top fan as intake?hot air rises upwards & that is why bottom fans are used as intake because they will suck the most cool air in the room.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
why use 1 top fan as intake?hot air rises upwards & that is why bottom fans are used as intake because they will suck the most cool air in the room.

well actually my top fan intake is really close to CPU cooler fan........

as soon as the air enters it get directed towards aluminum cooling fins of 212 evo and through top and rear exhaust the hot air get blown away.......

for gpu front intake fan is sufficient for the moment I THINK plz correct me if i am wrong........

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i see.i was assuming the top intake without a big cpu cooler like 212 evo.front intake is most beneficial for hdd & even though it helps gpu cooling i think side intake fan provides most cooling for a big & hot running gpu.

here is my setup hope it helps ......
*i.imgur.com/I4rXDjN.png?1

- - - Updated - - -

normal temps are 50 at max........

gpu only goes to 70 on load (100%) then afterwards comes down to 35........

- - - Updated - - -

reviews seems good...........

That top intake fan sucks most of the hot air back into cabinet. Install a side intake fan and make both top fans as exhaust.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
I dont have any side fan slots also there are no ports left for fan the bottom fan slot is being blocked by PSU in short this cabinet sucks!(bought it for 4k+ taxes worst decision).............
and ya except for cpu fan and front intake fan(which is stock led one for CM 431 elite plus) all fans run at 1200 rpm.......... IDK how to change front fan .......
lets continue this discussion elsewhere i don't want to hijack the thread.........

btw THIS IS MY 1000 post yes!!!

Top Bottom