PC Buying Guide and Suggested Configs 2015 - Q2

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
re: Please rename this thread to "PC Buying Guide and Suggested Configs 2015 - Q2

Great Job. For the 50k config, do you think Elite 311 is still worth the money? It has no front USB 3.0 ports but other cases do have at least one at that price.

Suggest some alternative :)

Shah

Cyborg Agent
re: Please rename this thread to "PC Buying Guide and Suggested Configs 2015 - Q2

Suggest some alternative :)

I don't know that much about cases/cabinets, that's why I asked you. :p

I saw Elite 344 for the same price but the PSU placement is on top. Even Antec VSK4000B-U3 has PSU placement on top. Does PSU placement has anything to do with cable management/airflow?

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
I don't know that much about cases/cabinets, that's why I asked you. :p

I saw Elite 344 for the same price but the PSU placement is on top. Even Antec VSK4000B-U3 has PSU placement on top. Does PSU placement has anything to do with cable management/airflow?

344 is fine but it only supports Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX mobotherboards while the board 970A-G43 mentioned in that config is an ATZ board (much larger than what cabinet can contain). One can always buy addon USB 3 ports which are available for ~800-1200 bucks.

@harshilsharma63

Thanks for updating the thread :)

:thumbs:

Shah

Cyborg Agent
344 is fine but it only supports Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX mobotherboards while the board 970A-G43 mentioned in that config is an ATZ board (much larger than what cabinet can contain). One can always buy addon USB 3 ports which are available for ~800-1200 bucks.

I wasn't suggesting them. :p

I was just asking what difference does PSU placement (on top in some cases and bottom in others) makes with respect to airflow and cable management. I hope I am clear now

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
I wasn't suggesting them. :p

I was just asking what difference does PSU placement (on top in some cases and bottom in others) makes with respect to airflow and cable management. I hope I am clear now

Doesn't make much difference if you aren't planning on installing liquid cooling (as it would cause spacing issues with radiator). Cable management is good in both. Hell, I have better cable management in my 1000 bucks zebronics crap cabinet than most <4k cabinets :)

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Doesn't make much difference if you aren't planning on installing liquid cooling (as it would cause spacing issues with radiator). Cable management is good in both. Hell, I have better cable management in my 1000 bucks zebronics crap cabinet than most <4k cabinets :)

xtr3m3

Journeyman
guys confused with what to choose of following

ASUS gtx970 strix or Zotac gtx 970 (normal)

please can any 1 tell me which better overall ( performance / cooling / after sale service )

[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] do you know any Computer sellers with EMI Option? ( i also live in Pune)

rajesh00

Journeyman
guys confused with what to choose of following

ASUS gtx970 strix or Zotac gtx 970 (normal)

please can any 1 tell me which better overall ( performance / cooling / after sale service )

[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] do you know any Computer sellers with EMI Option? ( i also live in Pune)

Asus is better IMO.. Service depends on place you live.. As far as i know Asus has good service..

ashs1

Padawan
Guys..I need a quick help....I am planning to purchase a Mouse for my Y510p..I'll be using this one for my regular work as well as gaming.( I am not a hardcore gamer, but i would prefer a gaming mouse)
My Budget is Rs500 strictly.. & i have zeroed in on Logitech G90 @ rs499.
( Logitech G90 Optical Gaming Mouse - Buy Logitech G90 Optical Gaming Mouse Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in )
The reviews on flipkart/snapdeal/amazon seem good..Can anyone verify ?? any other suggesstions ??

froyo121

Broken In
Nice Thread very informative. Well That's a really good Configuration Under 30 k (Gaming Rig). But will newer games like GTA V and games COD Blackops 1 and 2 COD MW And all will work ??? at 1366*768 p ???? at Intel g3220 Processor?? Just a question.
Regards,
Froyo.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Nice Thread very informative. Well That's a really good Configuration Under 30 k (Gaming Rig). But will newer games like GTA V and games COD Blackops 1 and 2 COD MW And all will work ??? at 1366*768 p ???? at Intel g3220 Processor?? Just a question.
Regards,
Froyo.
Nope. At least get an r7 260 of better get gtx760

froyo121

Broken In
So are you saying that The Intel processor G3320 will be fine with GTX 750 TI or R7260 ??? because GTX 760 is out of my budget so what do you think about GTX 750 or R7 260 with Intel G3220???
Regards,
Aman.

rowdy

Banned
So are you saying that The Intel processor G3320 will be fine with GTX 750 TI or R7260 ??? because GTX 760 is out of my budget so what do you think about GTX 750 or R7 260 with Intel G3220???
Regards,
Aman.
Yes in that resolution it will run fine but I dont think G3320 is supported.

isaac12345

Journeyman
Regards,
Aman.

I would NOT go for that CPU based on - Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition review • Eurogamer.net - "Manage your expectations, choose your kit well, accept some compromises and this processor will serve you well even on the most demanding titles. Just be prepared to accept that the G3258 is based around a processing concept that many game-makers have left behind, and that if you're looking to run the latest and greatest titles at high frame-rates, there's the possibility that you could find yourself upgrading sooner rather than later."

froyo121

Broken In
I would NOT go for that CPU based on - Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition review • Eurogamer.net - "Manage your expectations, choose your kit well, accept some compromises and this processor will serve you well even on the most demanding titles. Just be prepared to accept that the G3258 is based around a processing concept that many game-makers have left behind, and that if you're looking to run the latest and greatest titles at high frame-rates, there's the possibility that you could find yourself upgrading sooner rather than later."
Thanks For The Reply Issac That's Correct Mate I will be Upgrading after months but for now my Budget is tight actually why I am going for Budget Friendly is that I am going to buy a Future proof Motherboard so atleast if I want I can Install High processors well Thank you for the reply.
Regards,
Frooyo.

Top Bottom