PC Buying Guide and Suggested Configs 2015 - Q2

Shah

Cyborg Agent
re: Please rename this thread to "PC Buying Guide and Suggested Configs 2015 - Q2

Buy Online Antec Basiq BP350 350W Power Supply in India

Is it a reliable PSU? I see the price is lower than that of Antec BP300P. Which one is a better choice? BP300P or BP350?

A

amit.tiger12

re: Please rename this thread to "PC Buying Guide and Suggested Configs 2015 - Q2

can anybody provide list for online computer shopping sites for india only... like mdcomputers, primeagbg, vedant etc etc...

Ashok Verma

Journeyman

can anybody provide list for online computer shopping sites for india only... like mdcomputers, primeagbg, vedant etc etc...
You should also take a look at overclockers , theitdepot and even snapdeal, flipkart, etc

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Can I play GTA V with G3220+HD 4850+4GB RAM?

Dr. House

No Regrets

Which is the cheapest and best PSU for a rig with GTX 960 and core i5 processor?
Seasonic S12II 520 is way too expensive.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Which is the cheapest and best PSU for a rig with GTX 960 and core i5 processor?
Seasonic S12II 520 is way too expensive.

If you have money to get GTX960+i5, then you should have money to get S520! Don't compromise on PSU.

Dr. House

No Regrets

If you have money to get GTX960+i5, then you should have money to get S520! Don't compromise on PSU.

Why PSU is so essential? It is just for power supply. There is no voltage issue here.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

why PSU is so essential? It is just for power supply. There is no voltage issue in my area.

:facepalm: Prevention is better than cure!!! Haven't you heard about it? BTW, PSU is like Security Guard & Power Source for all your components. If you have better, bigger one, you have the convenience of upgrading-later-and-don't-buy-new-PSU and anytime-it-won't-conk-off peace-of-mind.

Dr. House

No Regrets

:facepalm: Prevention is better than cure!!! Haven't you heard about it? BTW, PSU is like Security Guard & Power Source for all your components. If you have better, bigger one, you have the convenience of upgrading-later-and-don't-buy-new-PSU and anytime-it-won't-conk-off peace-of-mind.

I am a medical student. I think I have heard of it. :razz:

Hrishi

I ordered Corsair VS550 for the GTX960/i5-4440 . Should I consider a different PSU ?
Also any recommendations for a good looking budget cabinet ? ( within 3-4k )

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

I ordered Corsair VS550 for the GTX960/i5-4440 . Should I consider a different PSU ?
Yes, get Antec VP550P or seasonic S12II 520

Hrishi

Yes, get Antec VP550P or seasonic S12II 520

Already ordered it!
Is it too unreliable ? Should I consider selling this one and getting the Antec one ?

isaac12345

Journeyman

Thanks a lot for your reply.
1) Is there a way to go for a bit cheaper PSU and Cabnet so that i can go for 8GB RAM?
2) Also regarding the Motherboard in one of the websites it say the following so should i go for any other MB supporting 64 - bit:-
"Due to a Windows 32-bit Operating System Limitation, When More than 4 GB of Physical Memory is Installed, the Actual Memory Size Displayed will be Less than the Size of the Physical Memory Installed."
3) Also the Graphics Card "Zotac GTX 750Ti 2GB DDR5" should I invest a bit more and go for 960 or this Card is enough for playing the games that are going to be released in future.

Please advise.

In my opinion,there is absolutely no point getting a 750ti in a gaming config for 40k which will essentially give you playstation 4 performance, and that too with fiddling around with the graphics settings. For 40k you are faar better off buying a playstation if you just want gaming. Otherwise just save up some more to get atleast a 960. Try the second hand market. Maybe you can save some money there.

Also, there are some important changes coming around soon with the release of directx12 which is expected to vastly improve CPU performance in PC gaming. This means that currently inferior but cheaper AMD CPUs would be more competitive. So if you can wait a few months, do that.

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer

Corsair VS550 is not a top quality psu,but still decent enough to power Gtx 960.

For cabinet i would suggest Corsair Spec-1

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!

BTW for anyone wondering, I'll update the thread in some time as I'm busy with my project right now.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Any help for me, guys? My sad thread for PC buying suggestion :oops:

A

amit.tiger12

BTW for anyone wondering, I'll update the thread in some time as I'm busy with my project right now.

i'm waiting for new components in that budget list..

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!

Thread Updated.

1. Price updates.
2. Several new products included.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Thread Updated.

1. Price updates.
2. Several new products included.

Great Job. For the 50k config, do you think Elite 311 is still worth the money? It has no front USB 3.0 ports but other cases do have at least one at that price.

Top Bottom