PC Based Satellite Tuner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kannan

In the zone
Hi everybody,

I am going to purchase a new PC.

I thought of having a satellite tuner in my PC.

I sent an email to Pinnacle about their Satellite Tuner Cards. But they have replied that, the Satellite Tuner is not marketed in India.

So does anybody know about a satellite tuner solution for PC or any other alternative solution.

My budget is around Rs. 5000/- to Rs. 10,000/- .

Thanks in Advance.

BharatPremi

Right off the assembly line
I was also looking for one but didnt find any so I installed a plain digital satellite receiver and connected it to my tv tuner card...
not a good solution, but does the job :)

OP
K

Kannan

In the zone
BharatPremi said:
I was also looking for one but didnt find any so I installed a plain digital satellite receiver and connected it to my tv tuner card...
not a good solution, but does the job

I also came to the same decision. But still not implemented.

Can u give me details on your Dish & Receiver unit.

It would be helpful for me in taking the decision regarding the Dish & Receiver purchase.

Also if possible please give me the specifications & price of your dish & Receiver. It would help me more.

Also are you able to receive all the channels ??

Thank You.

BharatPremi

I have a 90cm ku band dish with a 2 CI slot digital receiver which allows to surf Free to air as well as encrypted channels using CAM modules. I am just using the FTA channels now and not tried the paid ones as didnt get any CAM module in my area but you should get them in chennai. You can even try any digital receiver whilch will allow u to get some free channels in ku band. I am getting abt 20 channels now but soon it will be more than 40...

the price ranges from Rs.1100 to 1500 for a 90cm dish with ku band lnbf and Rs. 2500 for FTA receiver to Rs.3500/4000 for a CI slots receiver...

as we deal in electronic and satellite items, i keep on trying diff models...
:)

OP
K

Kannan

In the zone
Before Continuing I would like to say that I am newbie to Satellite things.

So Mr. BharathPremi, U have said that you can receive 20 channels with the 90CM Ku band Dish and a CI slot digital receiver.

Now is it possible to get some other channels other than these 20 if I change the position of the dish towards other Satellites.

Also is there any restriction with this Dish that I can get signal only from particular types of Satellite ??

Also what is a 2 CI slot digital receiver ??

Can u give me the Brand name of you DISH & Receiver ??

Also how is the quality of the channels. Is it good or normal like the cable TV ??

leong_j2002

PC based Satellite tv receiver

*www.tv-cards.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php
*www.chaintech.com.tw/tw/eng/product_spec.asp

Two urls for pc based satellite tv reception. Gets you 100+ international tv channels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom