PC.. Assembled or Branded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn Freak

Broken In
Guys i am goin to buy a new PC.... my parenz are insisting on a branded one and my friends say assembled is better if you bring the parts at home and get assembling done at home in front of your eyes... I am confused...

also suggest me a good config... My budget is Rs. 35000

Kindly don't include keyboard, mouse and UPS....

also plz add a 19" LCD

P.S - It should be able to play some games like CoD modern warfare etc...

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
If you are familiar with hardware and are capable of undertaking troubleshooting works by yourself to some extent at least, assembled PCs may be okay.

The advantage of branded PCs is that you will get decent service (well, actually it will depend on the brand, but generally service will be a bit better than what you get from an assembler)...

The disadvantage is that the branded PC will cost a little bit more than assembled PCs (the cost difference will be higher for bigger brands like HP, Dell and lesser for small brands like Zenith)...

One more disadvantage of branded PCs is that often the systems are not properly balanced and you will have to add one thing or the other to get the most out of the system... For example, they will give you 512 MB RAM when for general usage at least 1 GB is advised and 2 GB is preferred... Or they will give you DOS license... Or the motherboard may be based on an older chipset... When you assemble, you get the freedom of choosing what is best for the price tag...

But the branded PCs are reasonably well tested for hardware compatibility whereas assembled PCs may (but only rarely) face hardware incompatibility issues...

Arun

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Assembled PC is the best neday...:D

coz i myself own a branded PC (which really sucks) i bought it @35k in 2004 :D
so i suggest u buy a assembled pc..coz the branded companies charges extra on various components...as compared 2 assembled :cool:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Assembled:-
1. U get full freedom on selecting h/w parts. Research in net urself or visit these threads for more in depth knowledge: LINK1, LINK2, LINK3(Link3 is not in this forum)
2. U don't get bloatware.
3. U've full control over ur behavior with ur PC, none will tell u "if u open the cabinet, warranty is void"

Branded:-
1. U r too lazy to get into all tech jargons and research.
2. U love a certain brand.
3. Service is good (but in assembled too, the parts come from reputed company, whose main motto like ur brand is to serve YOU)

This is what I think.

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
Assembled for me too...

Well i will give u the config my friend recently bought...

Intel C2D E7200
Intel G33 MoBo
4 GB (2x2 GB) DDR2 667 MHz RAM
XFX NVidia 8600 GT 256 MB DDR3
Segate 360 GB HDD SATA2
I-Box Cabinet
Samsung DVD RW
Dell 19" LCD Monitor

It cost him 36000 bucks.... It was 2 Months ago... Now I think they are available cheaper...

Heres another i found here

E7200
MSI P45 Neo-F
1x2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
Palit HD4850 512MB GDDR3
CM EP500W PSU
Zebronics Bijli cabinet
Dell 198WFP 19" LCD
Samsung SH-203B optical drive
WD Caviar SE16 640GB HDD
Logitech Gaming G1 desktop kbd/mouse
Altec Lansing BXR1121 2.1 speakers

Posted by Psychosocial
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101354

Last edited:

kapsicum

spice it up
+2 Assembled

since
  1. Freedom to choose the Hardware out of the plethora of options
  2. Choose the Best Hardware of the Lot if budget permits... (u dont hv to worry @ Rs.35k)
  3. Much better Config at similar price than Branded ones.
  4. No need to be on Brands service center's mercy.
  5. No waiting period to get your service/repair/replacement done (which is usually long).... if Assembled urself than its upto u...
  6. Freedom to Open the cabinet and help yourself with some silly issues dat may come up.... (most of digitians here will agree on this coz they must used to keep there Cabinets open frequently) & also to attached some new hardware or friends HDD w/o any worry to risk to loose the Warranty ..... most IMP point....
  7. No need to worry about the software service/issues since you have DIGITIANS in this forum to help/guide u 24x7x365 with a total strength of some 51,834 members of which 2400 Active .. :eek:
  8. .... aren't above points enuf :?: ...if not then ask me to cook up some more ;-)

Hope you have got ur Answer...

toofan

Technomancer
Now a days there is not much difference left in price of branded or assembled. I recently had a look at a HP model. its aroung 32k with 19inch LCD. It rocked in looks and features.

But assembled one give you the choice to chose the hardware.
all the parts are same and works same but the difficult choice is the motherboard. So chose the mobo cautiously and should be cheap.

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
Go for assembled and opt for a Samsung 19" LCD. They take sow time to load. Or if you can, take a 22" LCD for best result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom