heartripple

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Autocad2009 or higher,MS Office,Net browsing.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:25000/-

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows Xp

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:Around 500GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Curently using LG 24 inch 1680x1050

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Keyboard.mouse.Monitor(Dont need Any speakers)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:1-2 Week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:surat,yes

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
AMD FX-6100 BLACK EDITION - Rs 7300
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3- Rs 4100
Corsair Value Select 8 GB 4x2 - Rs 2300
Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Rs 3300
Corsair cx430v2 - Rs 2450
NZXT Beta Evo -Rs 2600
OPD Samsung SH - S 223F - Rs 1000

Total : Rs 23,050/-

This should serve your purpose optimally. In case you want an even more powerful processor you can get the FX 8120 over the FX 6100 for Rs 2000 more. But in that case (FX 8120) IMO you should get the ASUS M5A97 as the motherboard.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Incinerator, suggest him a gpu mate. FX processors don't have igp. A gpu is mandatory.

Naxal

Little Kid
Personal suggestion only.

Get,

Intel Core i5 3450 or 3550 @ 12k
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H or such @ 4.5k

Also since there is no GPU no OC, i personally would take a normal PSU instead of the costly performance options. With lower processor TDP, normal PSU would be fine enough and would allow an Intel Core i5 based setup also.

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
^OP doesnt require an i5 based rig as his his only use is as a home pc for general use
A good PSU is recommended even with the most basic rigs as the "normal" El Crappy PSU are never reliable and there is always a risk of frying your components even if you dont OC or dont have a GPU

Naxal

Little Kid
A good PSU is recommended even with the most basic rigs as the "normal" El Crappy PSU are never reliable and there is always a risk of frying your components even if you dont OC or dont have a GPU

Point note sir, but if 10 people gets suggestion from here regarding buying a better PSU, local vendors sells 10000 normal PSU based system out in market.

I just gave my personal view, where i saw and watching so many people using daily PCs with normal PSU without glitch since now days normal pc parts are not that power hungry.

Here I see not much power hungry parts, just the system only so that was just my personal point only. Taking or not taking is upto OP.

OP doesnt require an i5 based rig as his his only use is as a home pc for general use

I dont know about general use, i read autocad type apps, which i guess would work better with more processing power..

Cilus

laborare est orare
Actually AutoCad is not much optimized for multicore CPU, only couple of sub applications inside it can take advantage of multi-threading.

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
I will be using Autocad ....so this configuration can handle it....... I mean U havent suggested any GPU......

Cilus

laborare est orare
AutoCAD does not have GPU acceleration, so better get an i3 or FX 6100 based configuration with onboard Graphics and add the GPU later. Performance will be more or less same.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
If you are using AutoCAD for only 2D drawings then a GPU is not required at all for the existing versions.
But if you are going to use it for 3D designing as well then add a GPU later.
Nvidia GPUs have better performance in AutoCAD than their AMD counterparts.

Top Bottom