password protect winzip files how to???

Status
Not open for further replies.

taken

Journeyman
hi,

i am confused with the new winzip wherein i am not able to password protect any files that i want to zipp. earlier one, i.e. older version had this feature but newer one dosnt seem to have this. how can i do the password protect on zipped file... anyone please.

i have winzip 9 installed in my machine. win xp pro SP2
reg
ken

gg_3000

Broken In
I suggest that u use WinRAR to create .zip or .rar archives.. Its so easy to use and u can easily find the option of password protection!

champ_rock

champ_rock
@gg_3000 please stop[ spamming.. if u dont know his answer then beter refrain from answering..

@taken, please mention that which version r u using currently? u said that it was v9 but i would like to tell u that the latest is v11. So u mean to say that by v9 u can password protect and u r not able to to it with v11 ??

OP
T

taken

Journeyman
no... am using v9 but the earlier version of it.. version 7 and others had this feature in it in easy access. reg latest v11, have not installed it.

S

SE><IE

You're using XP, right? Then why go for winzip when you can compress and protect using the inbuilt functionality.

IIRC, you can open a zip file and goto tools menu. There is option to add pwd.

If you wanna remove winzip and then try then simply open the compressed file. Right click and select "add password"
Hope it helps.

: SPiRiT :

Broken In
jus create a new zip file open it.. select file menu. u see password protect or some thing.. key in the password. save and THEN add the file to the archive..
Have fun..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom