partitioning COMPAQ LAPTOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek_734

Broken In
I hv compaq c752tu laptop with 160 gb sata drive.i hv win vista basic preinstalled on it.i made 5 partitions on it using disk management of vista.i hv 10 gb free space left.i m not able to create a new partition on it.i get message that not enough free space to create new volume.

now i tried installing fedora core 8 on it.again in the partitioning section i was not able to install fedora on that 10 gb section.again i got error that not enough space.sometimes i got message that it is a bug of fedora.what should i do to make new partition on my hd.
btw i m able to expand my c drive and add that 10 gb of space to it throgh disk manag in vista.

chicha

High without substance...
ok use some softwares like partition magic and create your new partition. i do not know about VISTA partitioning but partition magic has an option where you can format and create partition for linux, you can also create swap space.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Scroll down to the end of this page If you get the message : There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom