Partition table corrupt - Help - Urgent Please !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Today, I connect my HDD under Mandrake 9.2 as a slave to copy some files from the Master HDD. Seems I have screwed up things while Mounting my partitions. Now that the partition table is lost, my extended partition is not showing up in Windows. I have lot of stuff (close to 23GB) in the lost three partitions. Almost 4 GB of data are very important backup data of my customers.

Can anybody please help me fix this problem at the earliest. I want the partition table to be fixed or atleast the data to be recovered.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
SOURCE: Someone posted this in this forum itself long ago
Have a Windows Boot disk with all the basic DOS Commands loaded on to the disk. A standard Windows 98/Me Boot Disk will work too.

Type in the DOS command :

e.g, from your C:\

fdisk /mbr

OR

Use your Windows XP run the recovery console, pick which xp install you would like to boot in to (usually you will pick #1)

then type: fixmbr. Answer Y to the dialoge.

Your master boot record will now be restored and Windows XP will be bootable once again. Your System will be restored with your original boot loader that you got with Windows XP.

OP
lywyre

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Thank you for your fast reply. But I guess, you haven't got my question. I can boot into Win98, but it is the Extended partition that is not showing up.

D

Deleted member 5901

Use the data recovery softwares available !!!!

search google u'll find freewARE !!!

Cheers !!!

expertno.1

Technomancer
i had lost 30 gb of data due to format but ised ZAR and recovered all my data and not a single file came into corrupt

thanks

but it requires s8r8a8n8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom