partition difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunprabhakar

In the zone
i bought a new 160 gb sata harddisk, installed windows on 10 gb fat 32 partition. rest 150 gb is unallocated. how to deal wid tht?

shantanu

Technomancer
ok right click on my computer icon and go to manage now now double click on storage and DISK MANAGEMANT LOCAL you will see your drive with 150gb unallocated space.. so create the partitions of the sizes you like by:
right click on the UNallocate space and click new logical drive or volume give the size like 20000 or 30000 what ever you want to make and press format at the end : make all partitions in this manneer

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if you want to use a third party s/w for doing this, then i would recommend Paragon Partition Manager 2005. ^^this s/w info was posted by @Kiran_Tech_Mania.

Its FREE, just read that^^ thread. (Full commercial download, worth £35).

OP
V

varunprabhakar

In the zone
in computer, i made i partition f 20 gb at fat32. now next partition its saying ntfs option only. wot to do?? how many partitions can i make??

shantanu

Technomancer
you can make as you want and remember that NTFS PARTITIONS ARE BETTER SO GO FOR THAT AND YOU CAN MAKE NO. of partitions you want.. just create four they should be enough...

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
varunprabhakar said:
in computer, i made i partition f 20 gb at fat32. now next partition its saying ntfs option only. wot to do?? how many partitions can i make??

do not make too small partitions and neither ti big ones

1st is => 20 gb
make
2nd =>50gb
3rd => 45gb
4th =>45gb

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if your O.S. is Windows XP & you've no plans for Windows 98, then NTFS is the best option, so you can safely proceed. :)

OP
V

varunprabhakar

In the zone
but i want to install linux n it wont install on ntfs.

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
Buddy linux will itself make pertitions you dont need to worry for that.. just boot from linux cd and it will ask you where to install select ext3 and your done with the dev 2345 which you select

shantanu

Technomancer
primary partiton is that C on which your windows is installed .. extended partitons are *www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/file/structPartitions-c.html

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah some chipsets shows this as VIA K8V890 and nvidia 430 mine also shows this dont worry its ok it sata controller and many new sata controllers show this its ok

OP
V

varunprabhakar

In the zone
i have made partitions as 10 gb, 40 gb, 40 gb, 63 gb. is tht ok??
mine is nvidia 430 chipset. so if it does show removable hardware is there anthing to worry??
but it is very annoying .can anything b done about it....

shantanu

Technomancer
MINE IS TOO THE SAME MCP 430/410 but dont worry i too get it and your partition table is ok .. make partition as you like it coz there is no rule in making partitions make it according to your usage...:) DONT WORRY EVERYTHING IN YOUR SYSTEM IS OK ... TRUST ME S MINE IS ALSO THE SAME>>> CHIPSET BUDDY... :))

OP
V

varunprabhakar

In the zone
is it true tht sata II will offer transfer rates of 3gb/s??

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
look yeah sata 2 offers 3gbps and if your hdd is sata 2then you mst be getting this this
as i have 250gb sata 2 3gbps and i am getting the speed make sure about this by right clicking on my computer going to properties then hardware then device manager and then IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLER then right click on NVIDIA MCP61 Serial ata controller and click on properties the primary channel and click on speed test you will come to know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom