Partioned disk shows unpartitioned during WINXP setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Carvalho

Right off the assembly line
I have a P3 machine with WIN XP installed on its 40 GB harddisk which is partitioned into 4 parts. Recently my windows crashed and i tried to reinstall Win Xp but it would not allow me to install WIN XP. So I connected this 40gb hard disk to my friends P4 machine. In his machine in Windows exploxer it showed my 40 GB harddisk. I tranfered all my data to his machine, formated my harddisk in NTFS format. Created 4 NTFS partioned. Installed Win Xp from his p4 machine on my 40GB harddisk and then copied all my data from his hard disk into my 40gb harddisk which had 4 partion.

I connected this 40gb harddisk to my P3 machine, but it would'nt boot. SO i retried to install win XP using my P3 machine, during setup it asked do i want to install WIN xp on unpartitioned 40 GB harddisk.

I would be grateful if anybody can help me out of this problem because I have a lot of crucial and valueable data on this disk. How can I reinstall WINxp and also retrieve my valuable data. Are there any tools available which can be used to retrive my data.

Regards

Peter Carvalho
peter_carvalho@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom