parental control......

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
hey frndz,
can u tell me how can i restrict some sites to view to the other user of my system.....?? without the knowledge of other user that this site has been blocked....!!!
any firewall settings........???:eek:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
If you want to block some particular websites, than this will help you:
How To Block Particular Websites

Else, you need some parental control software. Most internet security suit like Kasparsky have inbuilt parental control.

OP
pr.itdude

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
but i want that..........there should be no special msg showing that the particular site is intentionally blocked...........
any windows trick here..........???

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
The hosts file if you wanna do it the windows way... or just use kaspersky and disable alerts. Simple!

for hosts file, open c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and add lines like:

Code:
127.0.0.1       www.site1.com
0.0.0.0           www.site2.com

OP
pr.itdude

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
thnx......
yes this work.......
but my situation is little bit different...!
actually i hv made two user accounts, one for my personal use and the other one for the guests,named "home".........
now what i want to block some sites on "home" account but at the same tym when i log in into my account it should be unblocked.....
as by the upper tip, the site gets blocked in both the user accounts... and i dont want to alter/modify that system file again n again......!!

so help...in this situation..

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
*www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Windows/XP/Q_23353513.html

Read that. Thats your problem :)

OP
pr.itdude

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
yes.........the experts-exchange.com is a paid membership forum.........
its not like us....thinkdigitians............!!

so what abt my this problem......no one here who can solve this:

I'm wanting to block access to specific websites for a user account, but, I wish to have those sites accesible to other users on the computer. I understand that I can manipulate the Windows Hosts file to block access to sites, however, I do not know if each individual user account has its own hosts file. I assume it is one-per machine.

If my assumption is right ... I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to produce my desired result.

if someone can really solve then plz help me..........

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@above 2 posts

Google search bypasses the membership :D

Google for "XP Hosts File Account Specific"

First experts exchange link. It's got referrer protection, so if you click that link from a google search results page, you get all answers and not the membership crap.

OP
pr.itdude

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
hey........its not working for me.........!!
the same page open also with google....!!
and the same membership crap comes out......!!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Oh, I can see the solutions..

anyway,

If you use a proxy server you can specify what rules apply to different users or groups of users. You can specify different rules for different users and this can include while lists and/or blackists

set up and OU with group policy to place internet settings for the users you want restricted to go through teh controlled proxy then place the users you want to have full access to the net in a different ou that dont have the GPO applied

Set up a proxy filtering the sites. If the software supports controlling filtering for multiple users, do so. Or else, set up the filtering, and route the browsers through the proxy only for the specific user accounts through control panel->internet options.

You can find several proxy software via google.

way2jatin

Journeyman
if you want parental control then install KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY in which there is a option of Parental controls. if you will enable it then you probelem is solved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom