Panasonic to launch its first smartphone in India on May 16: Reports

Lalit Kishore

Broken In
Definitely WON'T go for this if I have to purchase a Smartphone any time soon. And I have a better Panasonic phone with me which has been with me for a decade now...A true competitor of Nokia 3310 !

panasonic-gd68.jpg

Empirial

Youngling
Quad-core Panasonic P51 goes official , priced at $517 - GSMArena.com news

Lol :rofl:

Seriously why would anyone even think of buying this if Canvas HD gives the SAME specs for 10k less?

No doubt P51 is overpriced but please don't compare Micromax with Panasonic. The overall build quality, fit & finish of P51 is light years ahead of that cheap Canvas HD. If they had priced it around 20k I'd have bought one.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
No doubt P51 is overpriced but please don't compare Micromax with Panasonic. The overall build quality, fit & finish of P51 is light years ahead of that cheap Canvas HD. If they had priced it around 20k I'd have bought one.
That's the problem. As those brands are offering some stuffs at ultra low cost, people some times forget about brand quality and it's reputation.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
But we should stop dreaming, Panasonic is a MNC,and I guess the phone might end up being around 25k?Just like Oppo Find?

I doubt that since they haven't made a mobile phone & its a very tough competition out there unless you're as innovative as Apple , people aren't going to buy Panasonic phones at high prices . They may come up with prices like Lenovo's. Panasonic TVs are awesome, their Vierra product line is a good buy.

I take my doubt back: Panasonic P51 Out Now for Rs 26990: Top 5 Rivals of the Smartphone War | Mobile - Gizbot

But this disappoints:
"The Panasonic P51 has a built in 4GB storage and can be expanded to 32GB via external microSD."

"Processor
Panasonic P51 runs on MediaTek's MT6589 SoC, which contains a quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU clocked to 1.2 GHz and PowerVR Series5XT GPU and is backed by 1 GB of RAM. The SoC is built using the newer 28nm fabrication process. The four cores should easily help in gaming and even the general responsiveness of the UI. This shall put this phone in a serious competition with Micromax Canvas HD"

Now how can 27k put "serious competition" for 15k?

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
P51 Review

Panasonic P51 Review

Pros -
Good build quality
Great display
Decent camera
Amazing battery life

Cons –
Bad pricing
Low internal memory
Low performance for the price

So definitely a better phone than Canvas HD with a decent camera,good build quality and a great battery life.

Too bad its priced so high :-(

If it were under 20k then it would have been a gem IMO

AcceleratorX

Youngling
The Panasonic P51 is a rebranded Alcatel One Touch Scribe HD. IPS display, lightly skinned (almost stock) Android. The phone is supposed to receive a few Android updates, but I am not sure if the Panasonic rebrand will get it. Alcatel phones are themselves not made by Alcatel - A chinese company named TCL holds the rights to use the Alcatel name on their phones (It was intially a joint venture between Alcatel and TCL, but later TCL bought out Alcatel's share, licensed the name and retained some of Alcatel's staff - so it's not so bad as it may seem). Alcatel phones are decent quality for the price, but firmware updates are slow and/or limited.

Additional note: Panasonic phones are distributed by Jaina group - the same company behind Karbonn. Alcatel phones are distributed by Salora. You have to see that the service experience will be proportional to the experience with these two companies respectively, in general.

P.S. This phone has oleophobic coating, though not mentioned in the marketing materials. It also has Asahi DragonTrail glass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom