PAL-B to NTSC? know about a converter anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
hey.. i think someone in the forum was talking about a PAL B to NTSC converter....

actually i have two things, a small 15" LCD TV and a TV Tuner card both having only NTSC inputs...

Tehe LCD TV is being used as a monitor right now.. such a waste when it already has a tuner...

also my card in the Pinnacle PCTV HD card 800i... It supports ATSC (which is not available in this region)

and NTSC only... no PAL B input....

i would like to be clear about one thing..

DO WE GET PAL B to NTSC tuners?... im really pissed off thinking that all it is gonna get wasted...

i wanna use the standard cable lines with both of them.... if only CONVERTERS were available!!!..

Where can i possibly get such a converter in which CO-AXIAL cables having PAL B output can be insterted and the output from the converter comes in NTSC format?

any ideas guys?

ive come across this thread which has something about these converters...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51197

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27587

Last edited:

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
Man, if you are from chennai Check at Richie street as I told in: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71572

Why don't you try DTH services instead of buying a converter? Because you will loose the quality IT YOU are converting PAL to NTSC.

Last edited:
OP
bikdel

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^
sorry but im a noob in these things...

whats DTH?

and whats the performance degradation upto...

wont we get atleast VCD quality?? stereo sound and a bit better than VCD quality will do for me..?

VideoEditingIndia

DTH? Man!!! If you dont know whats DTH you may not need it!!!

Analog PAL has 625 lines where NTSC has 525 LINES OF FIELDS. So you will loose 100 lines if you convert even using a HIGH QUALITY DIGITAL CONVERTER.

Yes, you will get better than VCD Quality... Stereo Sound, Yes...

small 15" LCD TV and a **** both having only NTSC inputs...
Do you have an Analog Input for your LCD? Isn't support PAL, Have you tried?

OP
bikdel

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
@ videoeditingindia

DTH means like using set top boxes, isnt it?
but i feel odd to use STB remotes and throwing away tuner remotes as they lose their use then...

i have one thats lying around since 2 years...

its a monitor cum lcd tv 15" from samsung dude... we used to have many like those few years ago...

dont say you havnt seen any of those with analog inputs..

by chance mine had NTSc, No PAL B...

and few questions

1. what will be the cost of such a converter??...
i wont spend like 10 k on an 80$ TV card ... rather buy a new one..

2. i know NTSC has 525 lines and PAL has 625.. but that doesnt mean that people in USA are dying out and kicking off their TVs... lolz... its been like that for 40 years or so in the worlds most developed country!!! :))
My lcd also has an NTSC tuner, it was made for displaying 525 lines @ 29.97 fps.. isnt it?
people there use NTSC only and thats not hurting them... :p

i wanted to know that wether the PROCESS of conversion is gonna make it look really bad or not...

any ideas?

VideoEditingIndia

No man, DTH means Direct to Home, Satellite Broadcasting!

That's because their transmission quality and standards are perfect and not like India and it has 60 fields while PAL has 50 which will make it smooth.

I know people shouting at NTSC, when they begin to see PAL in Digital. You don't find the difference in Analog. (Again 576 vs 480)

No, dont spend more than 1k for the converter. You can easily find them in electronic streets, Where are you from?

Yes, Man. Go for DTH or Buy anotherTunerCard, if you cant some out to search for the converter.

OP
bikdel

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
DTH...direct to home?... can you tell me where i can get that thing..?

is it something like ATSC? HDTV?

i dont live in India...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom